Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw a boat hull

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2509 Views, 4 Replies

How to draw a boat hull

Hi,

How do I mass model a boat? Pls advise method...

Following the elevation, top and bottom plans of boat.

Thanks

boat.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Revit Architecture may not be the best tool for this kind of object. You might wan't to use Fusion or Inventor for this if you really need to design a boat.

But For the sake of it, I think the best way to achieve this using revit massing is to loft several profiles of the boat hull. You need to have a named reference plane to place each of the profiles on. In the image below I assumed that the boat hull is in symmetry in terms of quadrant so I lofted just a single quadrant and you can just mirror copy them to form the whole hull. Now the hard part would be the tip of it but I think you can get it right if you take a profile and revolve it.

2.JPG

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Revit is a BIM (Building Information Modelling) platform, specifically to create buildings from and for Building Data, and so may not be the best tool to create a boat.

Message 4 of 5
Sahay_R

Why Revit? If it is for entourage - use 3DS Max - gives you better control over the geometry, and then bring the boat into Revit. If it is only an instance or two meant for decorative purposes then it should not be too bad (even though it is recommended that only families created with Revit be used).

If your heart is set on using Revit, then try conceptual masses. 

If this is for production, then Revit is entirely the wrong tool to use and Inventor or SolidWorks would give you the control and precision that you need.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I have successfully made hulls using the
Topography tool Along with the roof tool and editing the parts of walls.. Really just not neccesary unless building a ferry. Use sketchup to make the hull and import CAD to revit..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report