Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curtain Wall Adding new Vertical mullion to parent curtain wall is cutting mullions(transom) when they should just split the Curtain wall

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FrankHolidaytoiling
214 Views, 3 Replies

Curtain Wall Adding new Vertical mullion to parent curtain wall is cutting mullions(transom) when they should just split the Curtain wall

broken-cw.png

I hope the image explains my issue and it might not have a solution other than rebuilding the curtain wall from scratch.  We are creating these curtain walls and sometimes accidently placing the vertical mullion that should have gone into the parent into a nested curtain wall and its breaking all the transoms in the nested curtain wall. How can I create a mullion outside the nested panels after I have already made this error? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Let us take a look at the file. Post it here.

Message 3 of 4

We did have some success by placing the vertical in the adjacent bronzy panel. This split the CW, i unpinned it, then dragged it over and swapped its type without it breaking the adjacent glazed CW.

Message 4 of 4

Hard  to understand but if you want to add grid or place mullion to the main curtain wall then isolate it or hide the nested one when doing so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report