Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copied/Monitored Objects not showing in other user's local file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kmfuhrman
335 Views, 6 Replies

Copied/Monitored Objects not showing in other user's local file

I have a client using Revit 2017.2 on a work shared project. I copied/monitored structural grids into the project, in my local file, and synchronized. A coworker opened a new local file, synchronized, and she is not able to see the copied grids or the dimensions associated with them. If I place other dimensions or other objects, she can see them. She logged into a different machine and was able to see them. Visibility settings are all on. Discipline is set to Coordination in the View Template. One other user is having the same issue. Grids are on the Shared Levels and Grids workset, and are open and editable. No Annotation Crop. Same Revit build (17.0.1158.0). She tried detaching from Central and was able to see them. Any other thoughts on why they are not visible in her local file?

Kimberly Fuhrman, LEED AP BD+C
Freelance Architectural Technologist

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dzanta
in reply to: kmfuhrman

possibly corrupt local models....did you try to delete them, support files and then make new local models to test?

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 7
ttraina
in reply to: dzanta

What do you include in support files?

Thanks,

Tom

Message 4 of 7
dzanta
in reply to: ttraina

if you open Windows Explorer and browse to your local revit model (usually within My Documents), you will see a support folder with the same name as the local model.  Delete this folder as well prior to making a new local model.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 7
kmfuhrman

Hi, Dzan!!! Yes, we did that as well.

Message 6 of 7
dzanta
in reply to: kmfuhrman

two users have the same problem...everyone else is fine.  Find the commonality between the two workstations that has the hiccup.  It has to be hardware based if this is occurring on only 2 user's workstations.  A complete deletion and rebuild of new local model from central should fix the issue normally.

try also, to temporarily NOT use View Template and see what happens.  Can you see the Levels/Grids in other views with the 2 workstations?  If so and the issue is on just a particular view, then delete the view and recreate it within the local model.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
kmfuhrman

We narrowed it down to Worksets being set to Select when opening instead of Last Viewed. The Shared Levels and Grids Workset was not opening properly, even when selecting Yes in the open worksets dialog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report