Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict when running two versions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tomj
357 Views, 5 Replies

Conflict when running two versions

This is a General Revit question, but there is no forum for that. As a Landscape Architect I am constrained to matching the architect's version - which means that I have multiple versions active. [Leaving aside the need to flog people who upgrade models, and the constraints on continuously generating content in the lowest current version], It appears that some versions hang upon startup after I have used other versions, i.e. 2019 will not start, after I have used 2018.  logging out and restarting both appear to resolve the issue, and I am going to begin testing using process explorer to stop any associated processes, but I was hoping there was some experience with this issue.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobDraw
in reply to: tomj

No need for griping, we are all in the same boat.

I have not seen the behavior that you are describing. Are all versions fully updated?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 6
DaltonGoodwin

Message 4 of 6
!Dalton_Goodwin!

Does this issue happen to any Revit version? Is there specific Revit versions? Does it only happen if 2018 was opened first and vice versa?  

I haven't seen that issue before. I have kind of seen that with Dynamo. 

I agree, make sure you have the latest updates.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Run multiple versions regularly....2015 - 2020...no issues. Yes...we have active projects in 2015.

If there are issues it may be the Revit versions were not installed sequentially.

Message 6 of 6
tomj
in reply to: !Dalton_Goodwin!

Okay. I've tested various combos, and it seems to be when 2019 is started after 2018.
I am current on both versions., but my recollection was 2019 was installed before 2018
Maybe when I have some free time I can remove 2019 and reinstall, and then they will play together.
Thanks for all the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report