Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communcator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ikocev
251 Views, 5 Replies

Communcator

Hello,

I was wondering does anyone have an insight into Revit Communicator,

my problem is that I don't see my project in the communicator, I am the administrator, the project is active but

when I open it, nothing shows in the communicator and I already tried to sign out and sign in again.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dzanta
in reply to: ikocev

try to use Autodesk Desktop App to update your Revit version to the latest enhancements.  This will ensure the Communicator functions properly.  Log out of your Autodesk Account and then back in again.  Verify your Autodesk Account shows you have permission to use Collaboration for Revit as well.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 6
ikocev
in reply to: dzanta

Hey dzanta, 

My Revit is updated to the latest version and I already tried that thing with logging out but still the communicator

doesn't show a project. The only thing I don't know is how to "Verify your Autodesk Account shows you have permission to use Collaboration for Revit as well".

Oh and one more thing I use the trial version of BIM360 Design at the moment - if this helps to find a solution.

Message 4 of 6
dzanta

BIM 360 Design does not use the Communicator.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 6
ikocev
in reply to: dzanta

What should be purchased than, I mean to use communicator and all stuff necessary for a team to work on a project in other words - what is the best option for worksharing in Revit ?

Message 6 of 6
dzanta

Since you are working with a Revit 2018 project, use BIM 360 Design.  This works off of the Forge platform.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report