Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enable "snap" for imported PDF in R2020

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
HVAC-Novice
5741 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot enable "snap" for imported PDF in R2020

I have PDF imported to use a tracing background. The check box for the "enable snap" feature is grayed out. 

how do i enable snappingSnap.PNG

Revit version: R2024.2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Because it is a raster, not a vector PDF?
Message 3 of 5
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: ToanDN

You are correct, this PDF is scanned from a paper plan. 

I tried with a PDF that I had generated with Revit (Vector Processing) and it "un-grays" that check mark and I can trace by "picking lines".

Assuming most older plans are scanned, this won't really help me. The scanned copies are not perfect anyway (rotated by 0.347° etc.). So I guess I will have to just manually trace. 

Thanks for your help. 

Revit version: R2024.2
Message 4 of 5
DDD-Greg
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Hi,

I am also having the same issue not being able to enable snaps for a pdf file in Revit 2020. I am following a training video where the trainer imports a raster door image from a website and he is able to enable snaps and then scale. Not sure why I can't as I have used the same file from the same website. Still snaps are grey'ed out? Any Ideas? thanks Greg D.

Message 5 of 5
nabo_raymond
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello
I've watched some videos on youtube where they have able to snap a "RASTER IMAGE"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report