Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get glass to go into mullion profile

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
wbintzer
309 Views, 8 Replies

Can't get glass to go into mullion profile

If there is nothing in front, the glass goes all the way down (image 1).

But that's not what I want. I want a mullion as shaped in image 2, but the glass stops (even if I put ample room on either side of the glass).

Any way to fix this?

wbintzer_0-1695060445342.pngwbintzer_1-1695060479198.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
syman2000
in reply to: wbintzer

Is the glass set as system panel or custom curtainwall panel? You can only achieve this with custom curtainwall panel and not system panel glass. See attach for example

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 3 of 9
ToanDN

Like this?  You can certainly make it with a custom mullion profile and system glass panel.

ToanDN_0-1695068803146.png

Message 4 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Pay attention to the note in the Profile-Mullion family template: 

2023-09-18_17-27-25.png

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 9
wbintzer
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

This didn't make a difference when I tried it prior to this post's creation. The solution posted by syman2000 did. Not sure why.
Message 6 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

It works as shown on the image in my previous post. In regards to @syman2000 's post, I have a comment: there is no need to create a custom panel family. Use the default Glazing panel. Select a panel, go to a section view, go to Edit Type, and change the offset value as necessary. 

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 9
wbintzer
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I will try again sometime. If it continues to not work with system families, while working exactly as intended with custom ones, I will come to the logical conclusion it would imply.

Message 8 of 9
Alfredo_Medina

Just make the bottom of the pocket in the profile intersect the reference plane as shown above, and the glass will stop right there. If it is off in the other direction, you duplicate the Glazing type, and change its offset value in the type properties. No need to do a custom panel family to do this. 

Message 9 of 9
ToanDN

Have you looked at the file I shared?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report