Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 Deployment Doesn't Complete

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pcacad
448 Views, 2 Replies

2017 Deployment Doesn't Complete

I've created a deployment for BDS 2017.  When I run it (as a logged in local administrator), the deployment reaches near completion at which point I receive the following prompt to Extract To:

Autodesk Install - Prompt.PNG

I have to click cancel, at which point the deployment seems to conclude.  Revit does install successfully.

The only item set to install from this (simplified) deployment is Revit - all other options have been unchecked.  I originally ran into this issue from another deployment that included AutoCAD, 3ds Max, and other recommended software - I created the Revit only deployment to try to isolate the issue in case it was one of the other applications causing the problem.

Anybody else seeing this or have any suggestions?  Thanks very kindly!

-Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pcacad

Was a fix ever found for this?  I'm getting the exact same issue with Revit 2017.  A deployment I created for AutoCAD 2017 worked fine.

When creating the deployment I:

Unticked the "Include only products required by this deployment configuration"

Ticked "Run installations in silent mode"

Unticked "Create a network log file"

Left all components selected like Autodesk 360, etc.

Added all available updates.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After checking to see what was being extracted, I realized that the files corresponded to the two updates that I'd added at the end of the deployment creation process.  Modify your deployment, remove the available updates, and then you should be good to go.

Further info from my correspondence with Autodesk (I have yet to test these instructions):

Ah yes, those add-ons are kind of odd. You actually need to run the installers for each of them first to extract the install files. Then in the Include additional software section of the deployment you point it to the extracted MSI installer for each add-on. For example, with eTransmit you would point it to the following file:

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_eTransmit_2017_English_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RET\RET.msi

The name of the eTransmit folder may actually be slightly different than that. I don't have the eTransmit 2017 installer handy to test with.

In the Command Line Options you need to specify the install directory, like this:

INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk"

Do the same thing for the Space Naming Utility, except obviously point it to the MSI installer for the Space Naming Utility instead of the one for eTransmit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report