Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017 API bug report: wrong texture export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
444 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2017 API bug report: wrong texture export

I work with Revit API and, seemingly, encountered a bug with asset content. To be more precise, while exporting from .rvt project a material with the following texture characteristics,Texture.png

in other words, textured material with a checker basic procedural texture and both 2 checkers as its sub-textures, I saw the following situation.
texture_code.png

This can be described as follows: the first slot (asset["checker_color1"]) was exported correctly, since the method

asset["checker_color1"].GetAllConnectedProperties()

returned an attached asset, but the second slot was exported incorrectly, because the corresponding method threw an exception and "checker_color2" position was empty, although, as you can see above, there also must be an asset. 

Looking forward to a response whether my notification was relevant or not. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Pavlo,

Thank you for your report.

I logged the issue REVIT-99286 [API: sub-texture missing in material asset -- 12174739] with our development team for this on your behalf as it requires further exploration and possibly a modification to our software. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

You are welcome to request an update on the status of this issue or to provide additional information on it at any time quoting this change request number.

This issue is important to me. What can I do to help?

This issue needs to be assessed by our engineering team, and prioritised against all of the other outstanding change requests. Any information that you can provide to influence this assessment will help. Please provide the following where possible:

• Impact on your application and/or your development.
  • The number of users affected.
  • The potential revenue impact to you.
  • The potential revenue impact to Autodesk.
  • Realistic timescale over which a fix would help you.
  • In the case of a request for a new feature or a feature enhancement, please also provide detailed Use cases for the workflows that this change would address.

This information is extremely important. Our engineering team have limited resources, and so must focus their efforts on the highest impact items. We do understand that this will cause you delays and affect your development planning, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Pavlo,

Thank you for your patience.

I discussed the issue REVIT-99286 [API: sub-texture missing in material asset -- 12174739] with our development team, and they analysed it in depth.

That initial exploration case was first closed as 'Code Fix Needed', with a new case REVIT-99772 [API: sub-texture missing in material asset -- 12174739] generated from it for the actual development work to be performed.

However, on taking a second look, the development case has closed that as well as 'Cannot Reproduce' with the following explanation:

I cannot reproduce this issue in Revit 2016. I added layers of checker to a material's texture and with the API extraction I can see each layer being found and readable. I did not have the customer's model, nor did I experiment with the debugger syntax indicated.

I suspect it's more likely the developer has a typo in his code rather than anything else.

I created a sample model with an embedded ShowMaterialInfo() macro set to read from the checker material which is saved within it.

You can scroll through the output and see the multiple layers of connected assets and their nested properties.

I extracted the development team code from their macro and added it to The Building Coder samples module CmdGetMaterials.cs in release 2017.0.130.4.

I also published all this information on The Building Coder:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2016/10/list-material-asset-texture-and-forge-webinar-recor...

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community