Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception at 0x000007fefd97cacd in acad.exe: 0xE0434352

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1116 Views, 1 Reply

Unhandled exception at 0x000007fefd97cacd in acad.exe: 0xE0434352

Hi,

I'm experiencing show-stopper issues while developing a commercial ObjectARX 2012 application which has been ported from ObjectARX 2010. The application consists of a main DLL (ARX written in native C++) and a .NET support DLL (written in C#) for the Ribbon and Application Menu. When the main DLL has finished loading it bootstraps the support DLL via the NETLOAD command.

This all functions properly on AutoCAD 2010 but if I start the application in debug mode in VS 2010, AutoCAD 2012 crashes consistently with an exception E0434352 in KernelBase.dll. It happens a few seconds after the main DLL is loaded. Even if I strip the main DLL of all functionality (so that it does nothing but merely loads) the crash happens. In release mode the application seems to work OK but the interaction between the main and support DLL's is not optimal, and AutoCAD sometimes crashes with exception 80000003 upon exit.

From what I've Google'd on the net there are a number of solutions to this problem which has something to do with the .NET framework, but none of them did resolve my problem 😞

* A clean reinstall of .NET Framework 4 did not help.

* The solution posted by David Lau: adding Read and Read & Execute permissions to the group Users and/or Everyone on the framework's machine.config files wasn't useful (permissions are already in place).

* Another solution (by Craig Geren) suggests editing the Acad.exe.Config file, so that the parameter 'useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy' is set to false. This gives a different exception, E0434F4D (COM exception in .NET).

This is on Windows 7 64-bit with all updates in place, and AutoCAD 2012 SP2.

How can I resolve this nagging issue and move forward with the development?

Cheers,

Hubert Nooijen

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
owenwengerd
in reply to: Anonymous

You say that the 0xE0434352 exception only occurs when running under the debugger, which indicates that it is being handled, and therefore very possibly completely unrelated to any other problems you're having. Intermittent COM errors are likely due to incorrect handling of resources (managed/interop or native COM) somewhere in your code. Debugging this kind of problem often requires a great deal of patience and perseverance, even for an experienced programmer. It's probably not something that can be done in a discussion forum, I'm afraid.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost