Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot open include file:'type_traits' even with SP1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2170 Views, 4 Replies

"Cannot open include file:'type_traits' even with SP1

I'm trying to compile a sample from the ObjectARX 2011 set, and I get the fatal error 

"Cannot open include file:'type_traits' ...

Searching in this forum, I find that the answer to the problem is having Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed, but I already have this installed.

Is there a next step to try?

Thanks,

David

Windows Vista 64-bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did the Service Pack install without errors?  I could never get SP1 to install on my Vista 64-bit computer.  I had to copy the SP1 include files from my XP 32-bit to my Vista 64-bit to get AutoCAD to compile.

Joe

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

It's been about a year, but, as far as I know, it installed correctly- I've used Visual Studio 2008 with ObjectARX 2010 without problems, but this is the first time I've used samples from ObjectARX 2011.

Are you saying, maybe I could install the Visual Studio 2008 32 bit version with 32 bit SP1 to my 32 bit laptop, and see if there is a difference in the include files?

Thanks for the response, Joe

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

That's exactly what I had to do.  Just make a copy of your include folder before you overwrite it just in case ...

You may need the atlmfc folder also (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc and C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include are the two folders that I had to copy).

Joe

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Just for anyone else who may have this problem-  I used the Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack Preparation Tool, then reinstalled SP1.  Don't know why or how, but that particular issue went away.

Thanks for the input, Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost