Did you mean: 

Help on a project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
296 Views, 3 Replies

Help on a project

Hi guys, 

Im new to objectarx and have a project in mind.

Just need some ideas on how to get the solution.

I need to have a length of a line as the first nput and the user enter a second number. 

Then i need to do some calculations and display the results in a graph. 

Can this be done with objectarx? Or is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nick83
in reply to: Anonymous

any idea with a good description can be done by code :). and sometimes there is no need to use some strange and specialized libraries such a s ObjectARX to achieve a goal 🙂
your idea (in her present description) can be done just with a help of piece of paper, pencil and calculator :):):)

I need to have a length of a line as the first input - have nothing against
and the user enter a second number - sure, user can do anything he/she want
Then i need to do some calculations - calculations are welcome :):):)
and display the results in a graph - if user put some data, it'll be great to have something for output

PS: this all can be done even in DOS program. so, or DOS, or more detailed description and direct questions.

PS2: everything, that can be done manually in AutoCAD can be done with a help of ObjectARX.

So, the answer to the both of your questions:

Can this be done with objectarx? - Yes 

Or is there any other way to achieve this? - Yes

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: nick83

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. 

The question i asked is mainly a proof of concept which i will try to implement with my limited programming knowledge. If successful then i can start getting help from programmers to work on a larger project.

Currently the calculations are done in Excel, but it gets tedious and time consuming switching between AutoCAD and Excel. 

The next question i have, is can these calculation results and graphs be exported in a PDF format from AutoCAD?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

It looks like you might be not taht familar with AutoCAD, not as deep as an ObjectARX programmer needs to be.

If you are a professional programmer good at C++ (many programmers are not good at C++ at all, these days), you may be aboe to ctach up AutoCAD knowldge and start programming against ObjectARX. Otherwise, for the seeminly fairly simple task you want to do, it would be easier to start with AutoLISP, VBA, or even .NET API. ObjectRAX C++ is meant for professional CAD development and has steep learning curve.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost