Did you mean: 

Auto Load cuix and set ribbon without opening AutoCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
js75CAD
215 Views, 1 Reply

Auto Load cuix and set ribbon without opening AutoCAD

Hi all,

I have a tiny little add-on that I have created and some other people now want, so I made an installer package for it. What I want to do though, is pre-load the menu and turn my ribbon on. I have seen other programs like Bluebeam and XL2CAD do this, so it definitely can be done, but how?

All the examples I can find need AutoCAD open to do it. 

Does anyone have a clue how this can be done? Where do they store this data for loaded menues etc?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
norman.yuan
in reply to: js75CAD

It is not possible to load anything "without opening AutoCAD". But I guess what you means is that because your plugin is automatically loaded as "auto-load" plugin package, you also want to auto-load custom ribbon menu item that is designed to run your custom commands.

Noticed that I used the words of "that is designed to..."? that means you need to create the custom ribbon menu item(s) by yourself. The most common way to do it, is to create a partial CUIX for your plugin, and then simply included in the plugin's auto-load package, off you go. 

In rare cases where the business requirements may warrants, you can dynamically generate ribbon items with code by your plugin itself, but it might be beyond your current consideration.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report