Moldflow Insight Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Moldflow Insight Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Moldflow Insight topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Issues with Moldfow 2023

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RK1097
333 Views, 7 Replies

More Issues with Moldfow 2023

Previously, posted about thickness plot issues in MF2023 here .

Now that I've been using MF2023 for about a week or so (switched from MF2018.2), here's few more little bugs that I came across that are not deal breakers but definitely cause a huge inconvenience in the workflow. 

1. Probe points not showing when exporting images directly from MF. It is an issue with multiple Result plots, haven't gone through them all but "Hold pressure" and "Sink Mark Estimate" have it for sure.

(Exported using 'Image Capture>To File' using "All Views" as display option)

RK1097_1-1685466559814.png

(Screenshot showing probe point, this is what used to export in MF2018.2)

RK1097_2-1685466706542.png

2. When exporting images directly from MF, it keeps showing the Navigation Bar, View Cube and the "minimize, maximize, close window". It seems to be stuck at using the view display option as "Graphics Display Area" instead of "All Views". This issue isn't present in MF2018.2.

RK1097_6-1685467644060.png

RK1097_3-1685466959206.png

3. Default colour of the mesh model is of much darker shade, making it hard to see some results. It would be nice if we can modify it based on the situation.

Here's a comparison between MF2023 vs MF2018.2:

RK1097_4-1685467234416.png

RK1097_5-1685467263047.png

Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing these but if there's anything you've come across that isn't listed above, feel free to expand the list. Also, if there's a fix for any of these, please do share.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
PascalGosset
in reply to: RK1097

Hi simulators,

It is possible that you have quite rare graphic problems.

I have some too.

But, the display of the View Cube and of the Navigation Bar in the images created with Moldflow is normal.

To hide them, you can deactivate them in: View / Windows / User Interface.

Good luck.

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 3 of 8
RK1097
in reply to: PascalGosset

Hello,

These aren't exclusive to me, I've confirmed these graphics issues with other users since I made this post.

"But, the display of the View Cube and of the Navigation Bar in the images created with Moldflow is normal.

To hide them, you can deactivate them in: View / Windows / User Interface."

The previous versions automatically exclude these without having to turn off anything manually when exporting images. Not sure what prompted Autodesk to downgrade such a  feature where now you're required to manually turn things on/off every time you have to export an image.

Message 4 of 8
PascalGosset

I never display the Navigation Bar.
But I just looked at some images I made in 2016 and 2017. 
The View Cube is visible on all these images.

Did you install the Moldflow version 2023 update 1?

Signature: "Maybe Moldflow does not work properly, but the real world neither" my son...6 years old 😉

Message 5 of 8
RK1097

As I mentioned, I've switched from MF2018.2, turning on/off navigation bar, view cube etc sure will work but when you're doing things repeatedly on daily basis, it does add up to become a major inconvenience down the line.

I keep the navigation bar and view cube on at all times as they're very useful assets to have while working. Here's a quick recording of image export from MF2018.2:

If you're aware of how to achieve this without having to toggle navigation bar/view cube every time an image is exported in MF2023, that'd be a huge help!

Message 6 of 8
PascalGosset

I think this problem comes from the Graphics Capture Options.

Look at the pictures below. My active view is the left one.

1. Shoot of my Synergy window. In the menu Graphics... 3 options: Active view, All views, Graphic Display Area.

2. With option: Active view => View Cube not visible.

3. With option: All views => No View Cube but no separation between the 2 results (only me?)

4. With option: Graphic Display Area + window adjusted => Cube visible in the left view

5. With option: Graphic Display Area + window maximized => Cube visible.

So, if you don't want to see the cube and the bar, you have to select: Active View (as picture 2).

By my side, I always use "Display Area" (as picture 4).

Picture 1:

Pb Dispaly 1a.gif

Picture 2:

Pb Dispaly 2a.gif

Picture 3:

Pb Dispaly 3a.gif

Picture 4:

Pb Dispaly 4a.gif

Picture 5:

Pb Dispaly 5a.gif

Message 7 of 8
RK1097

"3. With option: All views => No View Cube but no separation between the 2 results (only me?)"

This has always been the case for me, so I assume it's normal.

Thanks a bunch for taking time to look into this, after seeing your outputs, it seems there's some issue with my Insight(?). I've tried cycling through all 3 options and they all look the same. I'm not sure what's causing all this. Tried the same exercise on a different machine with my co-worker and we got same results there too.

Active View:

RK1097_0-1685715981332.jpeg

All Views:

RK1097_1-1685716000135.jpeg

Graphics Display Area:

RK1097_2-1685716016515.jpeg

Message 8 of 8
PascalGosset

OK...  ;-(

So, I don't change my Signature... 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report