Community
Maya Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character not rendering in Maya 2018 - Arnold - with "Render Sequence"

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1497 Views, 1 Reply

Character not rendering in Maya 2018 - Arnold - with "Render Sequence"

Trying to render an animation on Maya 2018 with Arnold - with a character in a scene for University, but for some reason every time I press "Render Sequence" and render with the selected camera, the character doesn't show up. 

The character shows up in "Arnold Render View" (Image showing bellow) 
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 17.36.08.png

But whenever I try to render the character in "Render Sequence" it doesn't show up. 

Tried to "Enable Overrides" on drawing overrides for the character , but still doesn't seem to make a difference! 

Have attached the .mb Maya file incase it helps, 

Many thanks, 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pavelR.
in reply to: Anonymous

well, the rendering did work here using the render-sequence dialog, left pretty much all options unticked.
(I changed the frame padding to name.#.ext, you had it set to name#.ext.. just personal preference.. I need the dot for my scripts to pick up the resulting filename)

however:

in your screenshot you can see an error about .tx file generation, you included the .mb file which rendered fine without any textures, but it could be a problem if the .tga files are accessible but arnold can't convert them to .tx.

check the read/write permissions of the folder where your textures are ('\Users\s1602644\Desktop\').

optionally you could (temporarily) disable auto .tx generation (render settings>arnold renderer>textures>auto-convert textures to TX) by documentation this should not attempt in creating the .tx file, this is just for testing and not encouraged...worth a shot. If that works you really suffer from write-access in that folder.

another 'option' could be parallel evaluation, but the scene was rendering okay with parallel evaluation turned on on my end. I would suggest to first look into the write-permissions for your textures path.. bet you won't see any .tx files in it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report