Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 upgrade issues?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4280 Views, 3 Replies

Windows 10 upgrade issues?

I'm hesitant to get my free upgrade to windows 10 because of obvious compatibility resons. Anyone currently using Maya 2016 make the upgrade (or have the official release) yet? Does Maya 2016 still work like it should? I checked microsoft's compatibility center and didn't see it marked as compatible or incompatible.

It looks to be compatible with Maya 2015 but I rather not downgrade if I don't have to.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

Autodesk is not supporting Maya 2016 on Windows 10 at this point. Having said that, I upgraded to Windows 10 on a Core i7 990X machine with an Nvidia Quadro K5000, and have hammered on Maya 2016 to see what's broken...which is not much.  The only flakiness I've experienced is when using the OpenGL Core Profile as the viewport renderer.  The heads-up display pretty much doesn't work unless I switch to either DirectX11 or regular OpenGL.

Other than that, I've run a bunch of the Autodesk supplied example files for fluids, Bifrost, nParticles, etc with lots of success.

Of course, your mileage may vary depending on your hardware.  The good news is that if you do install Windows 10, you've got a 30 day window during which you can roll back to your old OS if need be...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

I downloaded windows 10 as soon as it came out. How do I return it to windows 8.1? thanks

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I downloaded windows 10 as soon as it came out. How do I return it to windows 8.1? thanks

a google search would have helped

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report