Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAYA 2017 installed, facing differnt problems

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
37166 Views, 27 Replies

MAYA 2017 installed, facing differnt problems

Hi

I installed Maya 2017 opened it now and it gives me permanently this

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. //

And if I open the rendersettings of Arnold it shows me nothing but a blank page, when I switch to Maya Hardware and back I can see all the settings.

Is this supossed to be like this?

What is this error?

Thx

Mick

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Now I started to build a very very basic scene to test the new renderlayersystem. I have 4 primitives a skydome light and an ai Aerea Light.

Press render , works for few times sudenly this. What is wrong here? I cannot imagine producing with this?! Can you guys help me out here please?

Thanks

Mick

Message 3 of 28
Stephen.Blair

Hi

The drInit.mel erro is related to the NEX modeling toolkit UI.

For the Arnold Render Settings, does this happen in a new, empty scene? Or is this an existing scene?

What's logged in the script history during startup?

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 28
Stephen.Blair

Hi

Can you provide a repro scene? My guess is that it could be the render layer setup.

Otherwise, if a simple scene like that is crashing, then maybe there's something wrong with the Maya install (since you also have those other problems).

You could also try to get an Arnold log by enabling File logging.

https://arnoldsupport.com/2016/07/22/mtoa-getting-an-arnold-log/

Thanks

Stephen

Solid Angle Support

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 28
e_horn

Hi 

I'm getting the same error

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. //

This is happening on new install of Maya 2017 on two different PCs.

The modelling toolkit button at the top right of the interface is also greyed out and the error occurs at startup and when I try and do anything with geometry. Here's a sample from the script editor window. I don't have the issue with Arnold renderer. 

CreatePolygonCylinder;
polyCylinder -r 1 -h 2 -sx 20 -sy 1 -sz 1 -ax 0 1 0 -rcp 0 -cuv 3 -ch 1;
// pCylinder1 polyCylinder1 //
move -r -3.788263 0 0 ;
move -r 1.781774 0 0 ;
move -r -2.715871 0 0 ;
move -r 1.468342 0 0 ;

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: e_horn

delet all contents of this folder
C:\Users\"UserName"l\Documents\maya\2017
then open maya with default settings
Message 7 of 28
Lane.Allen
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

I'm getting the same errors, log history window:

---

onSetCurrentLayout "Maya Classic";
file -f -new;
preferredRenderer -makeCurrent;
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:46:02)
# pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: invertShape, mayaHIK, GamePipeline, curveWarp, CloudImportExport, tiffFloatReader, MASH, poseInterpolator, bifrostvisplugin, ATFPlugin, hairPhysicalShader, ikSpringSolver, ik2Bsolver, xgenToolkit, AbcExport, retargeterNodes, gameFbxExporter, VectorRender, OpenEXRLoader, lookdevKit, Unfold3D, Type, mayaCharacterization, modelingToolkit, deformerEvaluator, renderSetup, GPUBuiltInDeformer, fbxmaya
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
import arnold
// Successfully imported python module 'arnold'
import mtoa
// Successfully imported python module 'mtoa'
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
Maya 2017 importing module pymel 1.0.9 (/Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymel/__init__.pyc)
// Successfully registered renderer 'arnold'
// Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 32: Loading plug-in "mtoa" has resulted in changes to the scene that may need to be saved. //

---

The warning on Arnold happens before:

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1960: Object '' not found. //

Doing anything within Maya constantly triggers the Error. Deleting the files in (Mac) User / Documents / maya -> projects, didn't do anything. Starting a new scene, the constant error about drInit.mel goes away, but brings up a new one:

file -f -new;
// untitled //
// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/hikCharacterControlsUI.mel line 329: Object 'hikCharacterList|OptionMenu' not found. //

But, after starting a new scene, Modeling Toolkit's icon becomes active. When restarting Maya initially, it's grayed out.

Message 8 of 28
hansolocambo

// Error: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found.

Same as everyone here. I have this annoying red message non stop. On a brand new start, or opening a scene...

Message 9 of 28

On a new scene and on opening an existing scene. Same error

onSetCurrentLayout "Maya Classic";
file -f -new;
// Warning: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 29: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:28:19)
# pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: invertShape, mayaHIK, GamePipeline, curveWarp, CloudImportExport, tiffFloatReader, MASH, poseInterpolator, bifrostvisplugin, ATFPlugin, hairPhysicalShader, ikSpringSolver, ik2Bsolver, xgenToolkit, AbcExport, retargeterNodes, gameFbxExporter, VectorRender, OpenEXRLoader, lookdevKit, Unfold3D, Type, modelingToolkit, deformerEvaluator, renderSetup, GPUBuiltInDeformer, fbxmaya
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
import arnold
// Successfully imported python module 'arnold'
import mtoa
// Successfully imported python module 'mtoa'
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
Maya 2017 importing module pymel 1.0.9 (D:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\__init__.pyc)
// Successfully registered renderer 'arnold'
// Warning: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 32: Loading plug-in "mtoa" has resulted in changes to the scene that may need to be saved. //
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:28:19)
// Error: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. //
// Error: file: D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2017/scripts/others/drInit.mel line 1961: Object '' not found. //
updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;

Message 10 of 28
Bouke360

This worked for me, but why does it happen?
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous

thank you, you are truly a god~

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous

if you delete "2017" folder in you "MyDocuments/Maya" folder you are going to lose all you setting including custom shelves - so be careful, you've been warned, better backup first.

on the other hand - error might come back. for me it happens every time I launch maya2017.

all you can do at this moment to get rid of the spam in the log is to re-launch modeling toolkit. if button on the right is grayed out you can always do it from "Mesh Tools > Show Modeling Toolkit" 

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous

I am sorry, but telling someone to delete the maya folder to fix this error is stupid.
It happens every 4-6 hours, even after deleting the folder, and doesnt stop unless you do.

The best temporary fix, is:

"all you can do at this moment to get rid of the spam in the log is to re-launch modeling toolkit. if button on the right is grayed out you can always do it from "Mesh Tools > Show Modeling Toolkit" 

Just to clarify... This will fix the problem each time it occurs

"Mesh Tools > Show Modeling Toolkit" select the multi-component option.
Then go back to object mode and the red spam in the log is Gone.

Autodesk, you guys screwed the pooch on this new version of maya.
I used it at work from 2009-2014. Everything was seemless.
Now, at my new job and during my schooling I have to learn 2017, and I have to say, you have changed everything... And it makes me want to puke. My workflow is gone, I spend 5 hours a day relearning the whole program.

Message 14 of 28
Bouke360

You can't blame a company for making a product better. You are definitely in the minority here. And re-learning a software package is a price worth paying for the new features included.

Have a little respect man!
Message 15 of 28
Lane.Allen
in reply to: Bouke360

From what I've read, this happens due to a crash or if Maya is closed before fully opened. This was my case where Maya locked up on starting.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: Lane.Allen

Its true, it happens if Maya crashes. 

Solution is to go to Mesh Tools > show modeling toolkit.
Then save preferences and restart maya. 

Then the error msg is gone.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous

Thank you, this work for me.

Message 18 of 28
nancy.rose
in reply to: hansolocambo

I had this problem on several machines in my lab and when I simply opened the Modeling Toolkit from Windows (it was originally shaded out) then I got my Modeling Toolkit in working order and no longer had this error message.

Message 19 of 28
elsereturn

Thank you so much!
Message 20 of 28
MichaelT69

Excellent! This nonsense (as well as Arnold *not* being recognized upon reinstall. Some times all plugins have disappeared for no other reason than it simply happened.) have been driving me nuts. I expect more stability than this for the money I am paying 😞 So huge thanks for that 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report