Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blend (Morph) - Assign nearest neighbour vertice

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
stavros.
159 Views, 2 Replies

Blend (Morph) - Assign nearest neighbour vertice

Hey yall, 

First of all sorry if this is a naive question!

I am trying to morph between similar, but independent, objects that have the same number of vertices. However, when I do that, and since they are independent, the morph is creating this overlaps and face artifacts since the vertices are randomly assigned (see attached). My question(s) are the following:

1. Is there a way to assign a morph point, or center weight from which the transformation (morph or blend) happens?
  2. Is there a way to somehow match the geometry/vertices/faces between two objects?
  3. Is there a way to disable overlap between faces and each face goes to a unique face in the "new" or secondary object? And as an expansion to this question is there a way to morph/blend two objects based on their number of faces? (as an easy and reproducible example, try "blending" a plane and a disk that have the same number of vertices, and it will just ended up in a mess).

Again thanks for any input, and apologies if this is not the relevant section!

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14.05.00.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kahylan
in reply to: stavros.

Hi!

could you post a picture of the meshes without the morphing?

Depening on how similar they are, you can first use a shrink wrap to from the duplicate of mesh into the other and then create a blendshape from the duplicate to the original. But it's impossible to tell if that works here since I can't see how the second mesh looks in its undeformed state.

Message 3 of 3
stavros.
in reply to: Kahylan

This kinda works (at least not so many exaggerated clashes)! Appreciate the input, I'll keep trying to make it work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report