Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a Dart to create animation

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
760 Views, 7 Replies

Rotate a Dart to create animation

Hello all, I just starting to learn about animations, I've created a 3d Model of a Dart and I'm trying to make it rotate around its point with respect to the wall, I've tried several different constraints but I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong, my model and assembly files can be downloaded via the attachment if anyone would like to help me out.

ss.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum!

You did not state where or how you're animating this, nor which version of Inventor you're using.

Your assembly (anim.iam) had no grounded part and no constraints between the dart and board.
You can let it rotate by driving an angle constraint which would be placed between the "flight" and a side of the wall.

Please give more details of what you're after.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 8
JDMather

First thing I notice is that you do not have any Grounded parts in your assemblies.

When placing your first component in assembly - right click and select Ground at Origin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

Hello, I'm using Inventor Pro 2015, I have removed all constraints because I couldn't get any to work, I tried earlier to create a 90 deg angle constraint between a flight wing and the wall but when I ran the animation the wall was rotating instead
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, I've grounded the wall Model, but still no luck with getting the Dart to rotate correctly

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

Do you want the arc in flight due to the force of gravity - open the attached and go to Environments>Dynamic Simulation and click the Play button.

I recommend that you model all of the graphics rather than use decals.  The results will look much better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Ok, I figured it out, I needed a 0 deg angle constraint between the side of the flight and the side of the wall

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, I must learn how to model "Text" instead of using decals

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report