Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long filenames and Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AlexFielder
368 Views, 2 Replies

long filenames and Vault

Hi all,

Has anyone else stumbled into this issue when adding assemblies with Stress Analysis results to their Vault?

(See attached image file)

What's the deal with a filename such as:

Assembly_Name_{D12E781B-7394-46BA-AE50-DB931877791C}

Why does Inventor need to add such a ridiculously long string to the end of the filename when creating Stress Analysis files, which then causes check-in errors with Vault owing to (I'm assuming) the filename being longer than 240 characters?!

Is there any way around this aside from my solution which is to simply call each assembly file "Assembly1, Assembly2" and each part "Part1, Part2" which refers to a spreadsheet somewhere that details what drawing each one is based on.

I had originally tabled the idea that we should label each part/assembly with its respective drawing number, but in doing so the problem will likely reoccur if/when we start working with Design Accelerator.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AlexFielder
Message 3 of 3
AlexFielder
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks,

So from that post I'm left with having to "subst" whatever folder the stress analysis files (and the other files?) are contained in?

How does that then affect checking into and out of Vault?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report