Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - Reattaching route to flange

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
paul.carsonVQFZ9
292 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe - Reattaching route to flange

I have a route that has been disconnected from a components flange when I changed some dimensions upstream. I've tried to connect fittings but it wont let me select the components flange.

What's the best practice to reconnect these without deleting and redoing the route.

paulcarsonVQFZ9_1-1638354245284.png

paulcarsonVQFZ9_0-1638354179887.png

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The route has seemed to fix itself. I was editing another pipe and came out of it. I was sure I already tried to refresh the assembly which didn't work?

Message 3 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: paul.carsonVQFZ9

@paul.carsonVQFZ9 

As long as your route has some flexibility in it, for example one leg that is either undimensioned or has only a driven dimension on it, this type of thing usually will resolve itself like yours did.  If you want to force it, try the Rebuild All tool.  You may have to return to the top level first,… because sometimes it is difficult to tell at what level the problem exists.  If it doesn’t repair itself, it usually means that something is too rigidly defined somewhere downstream, and you may have to do some investigation until you find it.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 4
paul.carsonVQFZ9
in reply to: CGBenner

Yes I think rebuild all would have helped in this case - coming from solidworks so I used to have shortcut ctrl + b for this. Will have to map rebuild all in future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report