Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T&P authored parts cannot be reorganized in browser

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jessey9X6M8
361 Views, 2 Replies

T&P authored parts cannot be reorganized in browser

Scenario:

I place authored parts into an assembly.  They have a blue "tee" icon.  I would like to move them within the browser.  Currently I do not need to promote or demote them, just reorganize.  They do not move.

Attempt to fix:

This is fine; I have seen this before.  I will just copy the parts and delete the originals.  The copied parts will have regular content center icons , so they can move in the browser.

Problem:

The copied parts have a "tee" icon. 

When I upgraded to Inventor 2021, I didn't realize I would be losing this work-around.  I still do not fully understand why authored parts cannot be moved within the browser, and it is more than a tad frustrating.  Is there another work-around short of disabling T&P?  Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
  • T&P
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessey9X6M8
in reply to: jessey9X6M8

I found a work-around.  I can only hope that this work-around will not be patched as well.  It would be better if any part or subassembly could be moved at will in the browser.

To get the T&P-authored parts to show up with a standard part (or CC part) icon, you can copy the original parts by dragging them from the browser into the window.  Then undo the copy operation, then redo the copy operation.  Then the parts can be moved within the browser tree.

Message 3 of 3
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: jessey9X6M8

@jessey9X6M8 , Really nice to understand that it has been addressed using workaround. Anyway I have tracked this issue in our system for investigation. Thanks!

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report