Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

studio cameras

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
463 Views, 5 Replies

studio cameras

I have been asked to produce a video of three assemblies showing the parts being assembled.  I have studio and am using Inventor 2010.  The first video worked OK as it was only 20 seconds long and I used one camera in 3 positions panning continuously.  This worked fine at 1000+ * 700+ resolution.  The problem comes on the second assembly which I have completed but it is 2min. 44 seconds long with each relevent move at 2 second each.  There are many more moves which are performed simultaneously so this is about as short as is practical  Every thing is fine until I get to the fourth and later camera positions.  No matter what I do, the fourth and subseqent camera positions, the camera position is panning OK, but the image is contuously receeding.  I have been searching all of the blogs but not found this problem but have tried all of the methods of camera control but with no success.  Is there anyone out there with knowlede of this problem.  We have uninstalled SP3, this made it possible to render the vidio (about 3 time faster) without crashing.  We have re-installed SP3 and also installed SP4 but without any more success.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I tend to limit animations to 30 seconds and then stitch them together.
Nothing is more frustrating than coming in in the morning and finding out that it crashed 30 minutes short of completing the animation.

Not sure if there is anything there for your problem description, but search Google on Bill Bogan Inventor Studio Tutorials.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I get an error message when I try to access any of the tutorials on Bills site. I have searched the web for other help but there is nothing to help me with this problem or with video producer, Inventor help on producer is wery limited. In have just tried to save as another file with the objective of creating three separate vidio's and stitching them together later. Version 1 worked with 1 camera and 3 pans up to 75 seconds. On version 2 which was a copy of V1 I deleted the camers and started new from 75 seconds, but on the first pan the camera zoomed away just as before. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?
Message 4 of 6
Bill_Bogan1

Something I've noticed is that when you delete predecessors, trying to split up a lengthy video, this can happen. I've never encountered anyone else trying this until you mentioned it. Try editing the camera action. to see what the parameters are.

I can take a look at it if you'd like me to. That would entail making the dataset available.

What would you like to know about the video producer functionality? I will share everything I know about it.

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bill_Bogan1

Thanks Bill,

I cannot send you the file as it is in the process of being patented so I persevered and have now cracked the problem.

The video clip is 2min 45 seconds long.  There are about 120 parts to position, showing how the parts are assembled.  I have used only one camera with about 10 camera positions.  I first got all the animation as I require without any camera. I move the clip to to the assembly condition I require at the view and the zoom that I require.  I then select the camera from the timeline and select "from previous" in the window.  This takes the camera from the previous position through to the new selected view.   I continue this through out the video.  So far this is all normal stuff.  The problem comes after about a minute on the timeline that when the OK button is selected on the window the camera view suddenly receeds, and if lft the view disappears into a small dot on the screen.  If this happens then cancel the camera view and go through the setup as before but before clicking OK select definition, I leave the target and camera on "floating" then select link to view.  If at any time during the process the camera recedes, bring it back to the correct position and finally click OK.  The camera will now be in the correct position.  I have now got the whole 2min 45 seconds with the correct pans and the correct movements as I want them.

I hope this helps any one else with the same problem

Message 6 of 6
Bill_Bogan1

Hi Bill, first and foremost, I'm happy you were able to get it working for what you need.

While the process you went through isn't entirely clear to me, I have an inkling of what you did and have seen the issue before. Somehow the camera target or source gets pushed away so that the zoom setting is a fraction of a percent. It's weird. I'll see what I can do to duplicate it when I have time to attempt it.

In the mean time, if you feel confident you could create the issue with a small dataset and specific steps, that would go a long way toward identifying the source of the problem and a potential resolution.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report