Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some icons are tiny on a 4K screen.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jamesrp4
1138 Views, 6 Replies

Some icons are tiny on a 4K screen.

I have Inventor Professional 2019 and just installed it on a new laptop with a 3840x2160 display. I have found that some of the icons/buttons are now extremely small. It's as if the icons are sized to a certain number of pixels and they don't scale with the rest of the application. My Windows display settings scale is at 300%. Anyone know a fix for this?

TinyIcons2.png

TinyIcons1.png

Labels (1)
  • UI
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Chancellor.Kurre
in reply to: jamesrp4

You can set your windows settings to 150% or something along those lines, this was standard on my new machine fwiw. That's my best suggestion at this point. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 7
jamesrp4
in reply to: Chancellor.Kurre

It doesn't scale with the Windows display settings. Even at 350% the icons are tiny.

Message 4 of 7
CGBenner

@jamesrp4 

On your desktop (or Taskbar) shortcut, right mouse click and select properties\Compatibility\Change High DPI Settings.  Check the box under Override High DPI scaling....  You will have three options : Application, System or System Enhanced.  Try toggling through these three settings to see if it makes a difference.  You will have to toggle these with Inventor closed, and then reopen after each setting change to check if it made a difference or not.  It often depends on your hardware whether or not it will work.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner wrote:

@jamesrp4 

Check the box under Override High DPI scaling....  You will have three options : Application, System or System Enhanced.  Try toggling through these three settings to see if it makes a difference. 

I thought it was "System" that works well with Inventor..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
jamesrp4
in reply to: CGBenner

I tried "Application", "System", and "System Enhanced". The "Application" setting was what I had as a default, with the tiny icons. The "System" setting seems to be identical to the "System Enhanced" setting. They correctly scaled up the icon size, but lowered the resolution of the whole application so the model has rough edges.

ApplicationApplicationSystem/System EnhancedSystem/System Enhanced

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue

Hi! I believe the ability to fully support 4K monitor with DPI scaling is in Inventor 2020 or later releases, not in 2019 unfortunately.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report