Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrap Function

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
sjones2DF6C
2295 Views, 5 Replies

Shrinkwrap Function

Hello, I tried using the Shrink wrap function today using an assembly file. I was able to make the Shrink wrapped file but when I go back to my original assembly file I don't see any of the separate parts in the assembly tree. Is this a normal think that this function does or is there a box I needed to check while performing this function?

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: sjones2DF6C

I am not clear on your problem description - can you post some screen shots (or better yet, the entire project)?

Can you duplicate this issue using a simple dummy assembly of cubes and cylinders?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
sjones2DF6C
in reply to: sjones2DF6C

I think I figured it out. I clicked on the master tab under the level of detail and everything is visible now. 

Message 4 of 6

It sounds to me like you created a shrinkwrap substitute as opposed to a regular shrinkwrap. The shrinkwrap substitute will create a new LOD in that part while the regular shrinkwrap will create a new part. Just an FYI

Message 5 of 6

Yes, that is correct I used the shrinkwrap substitute. I used this so I could choose the parts that I wanted to be viewed. We have an assembly with a lot of internal components that we don't want to share. Is there a better way with the regular shrinkwrap?   We are trying to use this function for the first time.

Message 6 of 6

They'll accomplish mostly the same thing, but the substitute will make a substitute Level of Detail as opposed to a regular shrinkwrap which will have the result in a new part. You'll likely have to work with each to see which better fits your needs. It is worth noting that in 2022 the Level of Detail has been replaced with Model States, though your existing Levels of Detail should come through without issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report