Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery setting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gmcleodGUALP
345 Views, 4 Replies

Mystery setting

Hi. I seem to remember a setting in Inventor 2017 that allows you to zoom and pan while placing/moving a part in an assembly. I use a 3dConnexion Spacemouse and I used to be able to orientate the display whilst placing/moving a part. I'm now on Inventor 2024 and the display stays fixed when moving a part. Is the setting still there? I can't find it. TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: gmcleodGUALP

Hi! I am not aware of this behavior. Could it be related to the following option? Tools -> App Options -> Assembly -> "Use last occurrence orientation for component placement."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
ampster40
in reply to: gmcleodGUALP

Using 2021 here and while placing a part into an assy but before you make the first mouse click to place it, Inventor allows the 3dconnexion space mouse to move/twist the view as needed.  However after placing that part into an assy (after the first mouse click), if you try and drag that part around with the mouse cursor, Inventor does not allow the view to be rotated.

Not sure if that is what you are seeing though.

I tried Johnson Shiue's suggestion but that did not change that behavior.  

HTH

Message 4 of 5
gmcleodGUALP
in reply to: ampster40

Yes, you are right, that is exactly what it does. However, I'm sure when using INV2017 I saw a setting mentioned in an online tips/tricks which allowed screen to be orientated when further moving the part. I've searched and can't find any mention so I guess it is probably as you have described.

Perhaps something for Autodesk to consider adding. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
gmcleodGUALP
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks John but no, not that setting. Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report