Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor vs creo

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
vigneshvaran
3582 Views, 6 Replies

inventor vs creo

I'm an engineering (mech) student,creo or inventor which one I should learn to get a job?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: vigneshvaran

Depends...

What industry are you going into?

Call some large firms in the area you are looking to get work in and see what they use.

But...if you learn one, the concepts of the other are easily obtained.  If you learn Inventor or Creo you should be able to pick up the other on the fly or with a short learning curve by using training videos or reseller training.  A lot of companies will look to your aptitude to learn instead of what you already know.  Personally, I think you should look between SolidWorks and Inventor as they are the pack leaders.  PTC has been too focused on their Data Management system Windchill to put the effort in Creo that they should.  I will mention that a lot of gov't contracts still love PTC/Windchill as the design tool though.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 7
CCarreiras

I want to have lessons for my drive license, which car should i use, a BMW or a Mercedes?
Doesn't matter, the important is that you learn to drive cars.

Same way, the important is that you learn the basic rules of CAD, 3D modeling, assembly, documenting, doesn't matter the s/w you choose. A good driver will adapt to any new car in a couple of days.

In my area, The inventor is a lot more used than Creo, so, i should pick Inventor, in your case, i don't know, it also depends the which software the employer uses, but...  to learn, pick any one.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

@vigneshvaran

Welcome to the community...

In addition to @mflayler2 information..   Autodesk provides free software to individuals that are learning CAD products.   Maybe another thing to consider when thinking about which product you want to learn..  Smiley Wink

Although new to the market and still in constant development, is Autodesk Fusion 360 which is a cloud based, next generation CAD/CAM application.   Has the feel of Inventor but not the Inventor workflow aspect.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
vigneshvaran

Mr. @mflayler2 I'm from India, In my country employers uses variety of softwares so I lil confused...
Message 6 of 7
mflayler2

Well, you shouldn't be...you answered your own question.  In your area, people use a variety of software so you should learn one and go from there.  I would say learn Inventor because the interface is easy and then with that your concepts will apply to other CAD software programs as both myself and @Mark.Lancaster have mentioned.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 7

What experience does your instructor have?

Shouldn't you involve your instructor in this discussion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report