Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from IDW to Acad DWG with strange lines on layer 0 and without hatches.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
hrnkilic
973 Views, 11 Replies

Export from IDW to Acad DWG with strange lines on layer 0 and without hatches.

Hi. Inventor 2019.3 and the problem is; (not everytime and not in every idw drawing with the same templete but mostly) with idws that have section views, when exporting to acad dwg (of any version); with "base view scale model drawings" or with other options nothing changes; there are strange unique scaled drawing views on layer 0 of dwg, and lost hatchings.. it is like the pictures attached, and hope to be solved in new update. Thanks. 

IDW Sheet to PDFIDW Sheet to PDFIDW Sheet to DWG without hatchesIDW Sheet to DWG without hatchesInitial of DWG when first exportedInitial of DWG when first exported

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: hrnkilic

Hi! I vaguely remember seeing this issue before. It has something to do with wrong scale of view geometry getting exported. Just for a test, could you try using attached .ini configuration file to export the drawing to dwg?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 12
hrnkilic
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Many thanks from me sir.

I've exactly done the same thing; created the same .ini file from options dialogue form for exporting Acad DWG ;  after posting my first message.  It is now ok accept one thing; the scales of hatch objects are not exported correctly to dwg file from idw sheet. Now I'm searching for this issue. Thanks again. Regards.

Message 4 of 12
zikmund

Good morning.

I'm glad I've found this thread because we face the same problem in our company. When my friend exports the drawing, the erratic veiws are present, but when I export the same drawing, it is exported perfectly. There is no difference if we try Export to DWG or Save As DWG. We tried to use my export configuration file and also your file BetterSpline.ini.

The strange thing is, that Task Scheduler works well and exports the drawing on my friend's PC without an issue.

Right now we have 3 of 15 people in our company fighting this problem.

Any ideas, help?

Thank you.

Milan Zikmund

Message 5 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: zikmund

Hi Milan,

I am sorry I don't know how the problem started. The fact that you mentioned some machines work but some don't. Maybe there is some local factor. Please make sure you install the latest update to your Inventor. And, try using Inventor Reset Utility (All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor xxxx -> Tools) to reset all the settings back to install defaults.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 12
hrnkilic
in reply to: zikmund

Hi, the solution is; replace acdb.pat file. 

Message 7 of 12
george.cudalb

I have the same problem at exporting to dwg file. How to proceed to replace  acdb.pat file?

Message 8 of 12

The strange thing is that after restart everything seams OK.  Where is the problem?

Message 9 of 12
hrnkilic
in reply to: george.cudalb

Hi, yes when you think that the problem has gone, after restart it remains the same..

Try this; I solved the problem by this way.. (important point is; "paste content of Clipboard at the end of the file" )

Autodesk® Inventor®: Export dwg or dxf creates additional geometry and hatch is missing

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Message 10 of 12
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior is defective. But, somehow we cannot reproduce it. Are you able to reproduce it persistently? Did you try Inventor Reset Utility (All Programs -> Autodesk -> Inventor 20xx -> Tools). This will reset all Inventor settings back to install default. You will lose all customized settings except templates, as a result.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 12
hrnkilic

Hi Dear Johnsonshiue.

I couldn't solve it permanently. Sometimes the problem appears, sometimes does not; for the same file. Changes in acdb.pat & acdbiso.pat files do not affect in most cases. I didn't use reset utility of the application. I accommodate myself to work with it (: Thanks.

Message 12 of 12
hrnkilic

And I tested this solution and it (seems to be) solved;

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2017-hatch-missing-if-export-idw-to-dwg/m-p/8...

First open Inventor application, and then open idw file within the application.

Opening the idw file with double clicking it in the windows (explorer) browser causes the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report