Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Core utilization

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2524 Views, 4 Replies

CPU Core utilization

Does Autodesk inventor 2019 utilize mutli-core processors.  I noticed the requirements have changed from the 2018 product to the 2019 product recommending more than 4 cores.  Would it still be advantageous to buy higher clock speed over cores when specing out the equipment?  Is there a recommended processor that comes to mind when building a new employee workstation?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip1009
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, a higher clock speed is still preferable over core count, I don't recommend more than 8 cores unless you need more for running other software at the same time.  Pretty much only a few processes actually fully utilize multiple cores, i.e. Ray Tracing, if you plan on using Inventor for rendering 3D images, then going for more cores will help with that.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP

here is the list of what features of inventor uses multi-core processors

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

like what was said above you will want to look at clock speeds & not core count unless you plan on rendering alot

any processor will work if the clock speed is good enough

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Frederick_Law

Drawing views use multi-threads to update.

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Inventor has been partially multi-cored and multi-threaded in some operations (see the link in above reply). Having more cores and RAM can help boost graphics performance in general.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report