Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center - Weight from pouds to kg

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nikolas_junioor7G4B3
213 Views, 2 Replies

Content Center - Weight from pouds to kg

Hi guys, I need some help. I'm copying a CC beam to a custom library, but the weight is in pounds and I need it in kg. Can someone help me please?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If it is just for the drawing, you probably already know about forcing the Parts List to "Apply Units Formatting".

If you want the properties of the CC part files to be kg's, then you have a couple of steps to take:

Assuming you have already published the beam to CC:

1. File > Open > Open from Content Center
  2. Select your new beam
  3. Save a short piece anywhere (location does not matter because you'll delete it in a minute)
  4. Tools > Document Settings > Units - set units to kg (and you might as well set the linear and angular precision to 0 or 1 decimal if you don't want the fabrication to laugh at your drawings!)
  5. Save the file
  6. Open CC Editor and set the "Library View" to your custom library (not "Merged")
  7. Right-click your beam and select "Replace Family Template" - and select the file you saved in step 6.

That's it - Try placing the beam and check the units.

If you're happy with the result, you can delete the file you saved in step 3.  You only created it to give CC a template to import.

Peter
Message 3 of 3

Thanks man, it worked!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report