Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center - folders missing their icon/picture

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Nedeias
841 Views, 6 Replies

Content Center - folders missing their icon/picture

Hello community!

All of a sudden all my Content Center Folders are missing their picture/icon (the small and very useful presentation of the part group).

Please see the attachment.

Looking very much forward to some help.

Thanks

Adrian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MattH_Work
in reply to: Nedeias

See my post here

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-2020-2019-2018-cc-category-icon-issue-since-l...

seems to be related to the latest Wndows 10 update (1903, Build 18362.418)

Matt

MattH
Product Design Collection 2025
Vault Pro 2025
Message 3 of 7

Hi All,
has anyone a solution? We spent some time for adding new categories with fantastic glyphs 😁 but all these pics vanished as well as the out of the box glyphs 😞.

GlyphsVanished.PNG

And this impacts Windows 7 machines as well as Windows 10 machines. ADMS is 2012 R2 so I think that an update on the server may causes this effect 🤔.

Cheers,

Thomas

Message 4 of 7
Nedeias
in reply to: thomas.schneider

Its due to some windows update, just manualy uninstall and you are fine again.

Message 5 of 7
thomas.schneider
in reply to: Nedeias

Hi Adrain,

nice idea, thanks - but what item of dozens of MS items is the one causing the issue 🤔? Unfortunately in our "mid size" Company we're not able to uninstall all updates of the last months for all clients and with Win 10 they will come back one day 😣

Cheers,

Thomas

Message 6 of 7
DRoam
in reply to: thomas.schneider

Here's an AKN article for this issue: After installing a specific Windows update, category thumbnails in Inventor Content Center are not s...

Status is shown as "being investigated for a possible cause and resolution". I wish we could subscribe to these and receive email notifications when they're updated....

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: DRoam

Hi Guys,

I just checked the status. It shows it had been resolved on 2020.2 update. Have you installed 2020.2 update?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report