Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex Geometry Fillets

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mbrightonNPXL8
95 Views, 4 Replies

Complex Geometry Fillets

Good Morning all,

I'm trying to add a 15mm fillet around the opening of this part and am struggling due to the complex geometry. With no luck searching online I figure someone here might be able to help me. I've attached a screenshot showing the edge I'm referring to along with the CAD file. Thanks for looking!

mbrightonNPXL8_0-1706539638556.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: mbrightonNPXL8

Not a solution, but what I came across examining your model.

Largest size successful fillet is 6mm, but only if done in two parts.  Most likely due to the irregular cut in the extrusion. The opening is not consistent all the way through the part as identified by the red surfaces in the image. I'd go back and examine the base model focusing on the extrusion for the opening.

mpatchus_0-1706544291056.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
mbrightonNPXL8
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks for taking a look for me! I am not even able to get a 6mm fillet on there, maybe because I'm only using V. 2021? I could propose the 6mm and they may accept so can you walk me through how you accomplished this? 

Message 4 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: mbrightonNPXL8

Actually 6.25mm will work.

Ensure that "Automatic Edge Chain" is not enabled.

Select the edges show below first.

mpatchus_0-1706549855056.png

Then select the remaining edges to complete the fillet.

mpatchus_1-1706549939465.png

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
mbrightonNPXL8
in reply to: mpatchus

Got it! Thanks that helps so much. I'll have to see what our customer thinks about this but this is their CAD they wanted me to modify so there's only so much I can do. Really appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report