Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-resizing text in title block

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
francesco_rossato
2532 Views, 10 Replies

Auto-resizing text in title block

Hello everyone,

in my title block there is a text, coming from the property Description.

This description can be very short (eg "Pin" or "Tube") but it can also be very long, enough to "overflow" my title block borders.

So, my question is: is there any way to auto-resize, or something similar, the text height in order to be always inside my title block, in case that my description is too much long?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

You need to set your text box as single line (click the icon that is a single line) then you'll have access to the stretch option which is in the top right of the text box. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 3 of 11

Hi @SharkDesign 

I tried to do that, but unfortunately I was not able to solve completely my problem.

I can set my text box enough large and then stretch my text with the icon you talked about on the top right. This can solve the problem if I have a long description, but at the same time it creates a problem with a short one.

Hope you understand!

Message 4 of 11

Yes I understand. That is the only way to do it though unfortunately.

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 5 of 11

You can try adding your text field as an AutoCAD text box or AutoCAD parameter text box (assuming you have an Inventor DWG drawing), and set it to Justify "FIT". This acts a little different than Inventor's Stretch. The behavior is that smaller texts are as usual, but longer strings get squeezed in the box.

Capture77.JPG

Message 6 of 11

Hi @Gabriel_Watson 

this seems to be the solution I was looking for!

Unfortunately, I'm using an Inventor IDW drawing 😞

Anyway, thank you.

Message 7 of 11

You're welcome.

We had to switch to DWG drawing format in Inventor due to this and other advantages. I would really recommend trying to save your templates to IDW and testing if it does not disrupt your current workflow.
We typically several AutoCAD blocks as parameters for user input from AutoCAD format sent by any customer, to make up the basis of various DWG templates in Inventor. It makes the process faster, and even if a full Inventor titleblock is best, that takes a while to compose to the exact measurement a customer wants.

Message 8 of 11

You can use wrap text center aligned to ensure the text stays inside a certain space, ensure you bring the green borders inside your boundary limits. For the description some people do multi lines and have an iproperty for each line or alternately if you send the description iproperty through a multi  line text parameter and display this on a form you can alter how the information is displayed. Not automatic but somewhat adjustable.  What character length for a description are you working with? A screenshot of the space your working with would be good. 

As regards changing the font size you would likely need ilogic to check the string length and if it exceeds the limit reduce the size. Not ideal the size reduction work around but it is possible. 

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 9 of 11

The solutions here are one way.

I would say just look to the source and fix the issue. The description should not need to be a paragraph.

I allow for a double line in most templates to give enough space and it has never been a problem.

Message 10 of 11

Hi @A.Acheson @BDCollett 

Probably I'm going to set the description as a double line. After some tests it seems to be the best solution so far.

Thank you!!

Message 11 of 11

How do you add an autocad Textfield in Inventor?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report