Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and where I can find the inventor ETO addin?

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1002 Views, 15 Replies

How and where I can find the inventor ETO addin?

I have Inventor 2014 how can i add the ETO and what do I need to install?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
rikard.nilsson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you want to do the programming then you need to install Inventor ETO Series 2014. You can not buy that license anymore. You have to get ETO Developer 2016 now and that program uses Desktop Subscription and the payment is annually.

If you are just want to use an already created ETO solution then you need a copy of that program to install on your Inventor installation as an Addin.

Regards
Rikard
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: rikard.nilsson

Thank you so much, now I understand the difference. Develop a tool with forms from scratch vs. the program ready for the user. Right? Was standalone in the previous ETO 2015? I thought I heard it was like that. Thanks one more time.
Message 4 of 16
rikard.nilsson

Yes. Previous 2016 it was normal licenses with buying the license first and then pay annual subscription.

Another good thing to know is that you "rent" what is called Distribution to all the users that are going to use your ETO solution.

/Rikard
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

I know that probably this question should be in another area, but I just want to ask you guys that aaree very kind in respond my interest in Inventor.

Can import a file from the traceparts.com instead of building it from inventor? will these parts bring their properties as well?

I also want to learn this tool, of course Inventor then ETO, but is there any book or it's just through this sites, Youtube, and where else?

I just want to find the sequences in how ETO works.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.

Thanks, both you guys,

Sam

Message 6 of 16
rikard.nilsson

Hi again,

I'm not very familiar with TraceParts.com, but what I know is that most of these download sites offers download in what we call a "neutral" forma and not natie Inventor files.And if the format is neutral then there will be no properties in the file. But if they create Inventor files it might contain som information.

To learn Inventor is not easy if you are completly new to 3D-modelling. But if you have some experiance in some other 3D product then it's quite easy.

I allways recommend that you contact a reseller to help you with education. But of course you can find a lot of good stuff on the webb and inside Inventor there are som really good tutorials to guide you into Inventor.

When it comes to ETO.. You are absolutly right about learing Inventor first. And having some skills in programmig is a very good start. VB.NET is the best language because ETO and VB.NET is very simular to each other.

In this page you will find some info..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=18361292&siteID=123112

To learn ETO by yourself might be even harder to learn than Inventor and I recommend you to take a course at a resller, Autodesk or some other company that educate in ETO.

/Rikard

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Ok, Got it, I feel that I can handle the pressure, I know Autocad, Microstation, Intergraph PDS and SP3D, I like the idea in programming because I develop some Macros in Microstation and in excel, that's why I found ETO. Looking for some tool to develop exactly the "Automate program-software" to get a faster way to create drawings. I definitely will take the courses for ETO.  About the traceparts.com, they do have Inventor file as well but I haven't check the properties integrity. I will eventually. Thanks for your advise and comments Rikard. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Is there a trial version for the ETO as well? I forgot to ask that. Regards'
Message 9 of 16
rikard.nilsson

Hi,

I think there is but I'm not 100% sure.
Contact Autodesk to get the right answer.

Rikard
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

By the way how can I learn ETO ? if I don't have it and I'm a self learner. Or the Inventor first of all? No practice no idea what my progress right? Regards
Message 11 of 16
rikard.nilsson

Hi,

In my mind you have to learn Inventor first.. Then you understand the ETO language a much better..

I also think it’s better to have someone who knows about ETO to tell you how to get started with the programming. I started by attending to a course held by Autodesk. It was 4 days to learn about the ETO language and after that I sat for some week trying to find out the way how to implement my new knowledge into some real projects.

I was already an API programmer against Inventor so I did not start from scratch with developing and I had used Inventor since release 1.

So my background is a little different from yours.

But one thing that is good to know for you is that making a robust and quite advance configurations in ETO is very simple as soon you get the grip how it’s working.

/Rikard

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

Excellent ! I total agree with you, and that's the way I'm doing right now, I have Inventor 2014 and I'm learning more about it. How much dose it cost the training for that (4 days)? Do I need to know first the Inventor tool before that? Thanks in advance and for the time in explaining this matter. regards
Message 13 of 16
rikard.nilsson

Hi,

I don't know the cost.
But you have to contact a reseller that has ETO in their portfolio or Autodesk to get the cost for the course.
I don't think you must have high skills in Inventor before the ETO course, but I as a trainer really would recommend that you know Inventor really good before attending to a class.

/Rikard
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

You're right on that , I don't have the full knowledge about inventor yet. But I just want to have an idea if I want to become a developer for the ETO, get the investment from my pocket it would be hard, but perhaps I can learn it, then show the people I work for and see if they are willing to pay for the ETO training. I don't think is too hard Inventor, it's a matter to understand the steps in this CAD software. I've been using different products, Rhino, SolidW, AutoCAD, Microstation, I have some knowledge of VB. Of course all in a basic basis, but neither one have convinced me more than the ETO, but it seems a long way to go. We'll see, But nevertheless your advise is that important to me , cause your experience. Thank you so much and We see you around this forum once I got more questions.
Message 15 of 16
stevetrudeau

You can find some training material here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18361292

Inventor ETO Training Essentials 2016

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: stevetrudeau

Thanks Steve, yes in fact I've been there before as rikard.nillson suggested it to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report