Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove License from Home Computer

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SeanFarr
26271 Views, 3 Replies

Remove License from Home Computer

Good Day All,

My company has a single user license, permanent and no expiry. Because we are on subscription, I had activated my home copmuter on the same license for after hours work. I am now leaving the company next Tuesday and want to remove this license from my home computer.

I want to confirm that when I uninstall PDSU from my home pc, will it remove all associativity from me and my home computer.

If my current employee wishes to activate their license on there new employee's home computer, I don't want them to have to contact me thinking I am stealing there second activation unintentionally...

Thanks for any help!!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hello Sean,

Before uninstall you will want to transfer the license off of you system using the license transfer utility. Details on how to do this can be found in the link below

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18221949&linkID=9240617

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
SeanFarr
in reply to: asburyj

This is perfect, thank you, I now have exported the license from my computer, Inventor is asking for a license when I tried to open it after the exported.

I also checked the box to allow a public export, correct me if I am wrong, but by doing this I allowed the new user that is going to be replacing me, to create there own AutoDesk user name and password and use this license with there own activation?

Thanks again...

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: SeanFarr

The license should not be back available for anyone under the contract to activate and the license is off of your system

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report