Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Installing Maya (Specifically Autodesk Maya 2020 Essentials)

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
mclagodzki
2140 Views, 12 Replies

Problems Installing Maya (Specifically Autodesk Maya 2020 Essentials)

Hello, I'm a university student who's needing to Maya for a class. I have (or at least should have) a student license I got very recently. I confirmed my student status using a picture of my ID and had an email response approving it. I also use Windows 10 on a Lenovo Legion Y530. Unfortunately, when I installed Maya the first time, it worked for the most part but came without Arnold. I decided to delete Maya and try my best to rid my computer any lingering files using the free version of IObit Uninstaller. I then started trying to reinstall Maya, but even after multiple attempts resulting in failed installations and uninstallations, I still can't get Maya to work. I've tried using both the web installer and the alternative. I also tried disabling my antivirus while installing, and clearing my SSD drive to have around 27GB of available space without Maya, but nothing made any improvement. Most frequently I get the error pictured below, and despite this, I usually get the Windows message confirming a complete install.

Problem.PNG

After this appears, I can't find the .exe file for Maya anywhere on my computer. The only suspicions I'm having are that my student license isn't working or that I've accidentally deleted some important registry files. I hope this makes sense to anyone.

Thank you,

Maggie

Labels (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: mclagodzki

It has nothing to do with the license.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Installat...

Personally, I'd never use any uninstaller or registry cleaner, just the uninstallers that come with the software itself. 

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 13
mclagodzki
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

When attempting to download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter off of the Window's website I kept getting this same error.

Error 404.PNG

I also tried to see if the download link would work on other devices and I still got this error. I decided to contact Microsoft support and even the assistant I spoke to couldn't access the download link for the same reason. It appears to have been removed from the site and my assistant confirmed there wasn't a way for her to send me the file. 

I'm beginning to conclude that the issue I'm having was caused by the accidental uninstall of important Autodesk registry files, as I'm not having problems installing other programs on my computer. Could there be an alternative to the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, or a way to fix Maya and find what I'm missing?

Maya

Message 4 of 13
mclagodzki

When attempting to download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter off of the Window's website I kept getting this same error.

Error 404.PNG

I also tried to see if the download link would work on other devices and I still got this error. I decided to contact Microsoft support and even the assistant I spoke to couldn't access the download link for the same reason. It appears to have been removed from the site and my assistant confirmed there wasn't a way for her to send me the file. 

I'm beginning to conclude that the issue I'm having was caused by the accidental uninstall of important Auto desk registry files, as I'm not having problems installing other programs on my computer. Could there be an alternative to the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter, or a way to fix Maya and find what I'm missing?

Maggie

Message 5 of 13
Stephen.Blair

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Does Maya appear in the list of installed programs?

Click Uninstall

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 13
mclagodzki

Yes, I've already uninstalled it along with its plug ins. When trying to repair the registry files what should I do since I can't use the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter through the link provided on any Autodesk site?

Message 7 of 13
m_latz

The installer creates log files in the %temp% folder. Can you please zip/rar/7zip that files and post them here, that we can take a look ?

regards

Markus

Message 8 of 13
mclagodzki
in reply to: m_latz

Here is the entire Temp.zip folder on my computer as of posting this reply. I also tried to reinstall Maya again but the install still continues to be incomplete. I won't uninstall it until I get response encouraging that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16FS8-MvGRPaNnTEvgaff0QRBV55xTC-R/view?usp=sharing

I'll likely edit this link out once there's been a solution.

Maggie

Message 9 of 13
m_latz

I can't get the zip file from your google drive, because I have to log in with a google account, which I do not have.

Can you attach the file here to a post ?

regards

Markus

Message 10 of 13
mclagodzki

Unfortunately the file was originally too large to send through the forum and I can't get in small enough by compressing it. Could there be another way to send a file to you as large as 1.09 GB?

Message 11 of 13
m_latz

Just an example of log files from my last Maya 2020 installation:

MayaLogExample.png

regards

Markus

Message 12 of 13
mclagodzki

How do I use the cmd window to make sure these files make it through the reinstallation? I don't have them, so maybe the application file will install properly once I do.

Maggie

Message 13 of 13
m_latz

@mclagodzki  and I did a clean uninstall. then we installed the Autodesk License Service and installed Maya again.

Now it works.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report