Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from Subsciption to ARC licensing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
338 Views, 3 Replies

Change from Subsciption to ARC licensing

Hi,

Our college (R-12) currently has a subscription to Autodesk software via a reseller. This uses a network licensing server for that software.

Recently we became aware of the ARC licensing and set up an account to use the software under that licensing program.

My question is should I set up a new licensing server for the ARC software?

My thoughts are that I will have to remove the existing license server and uninstall the existing software from our Colleges network before setting up the  new ARC licensed software and license server.

If that is the case, that's fine but I thought it would be good to ask first as it may save me some maintenance time.

Thankyou in advance,

Gregg Matthews

Charles Campbell College

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

are the ARC licenses network also?

if they are you don't need to uninstall your existing software

you just need to update your license file with the ARC software licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Bit of a late follow up but yes. Downloading and adding the license files to the existing server worked for botht the ARC Education and Entertainment software.

Thankyou.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

The ARC licenses are network licenses prvided by the Arc website.
I'm probably being a little overcautious but thinking that the new software might see the old license server and say "I can't bang that!"
If the old licenses and new licenses can co-exist then yeah, it will save me a whole lot of time as I don't have to set up that licensing server again. 🙂
Would you know if that's the case?
Thankyou,

Gregg Matthews
IT Support
Charles Campbell College
3 Campbell Road
Paradise SA 5075
T: 8165 4700
F: 8165 4750
http://www.ccc.sa.edu.au
gregg.matthews811@schools.sa.edu.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain privileged information or confidential information or both. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report