Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create user (broken account site) so I can't start Maya LT

61 REPLIES 61
SOLVED
Message 1 of 62
tadmuck
2085 Views, 61 Replies

Can't create user (broken account site) so I can't start Maya LT

I'm a new Maya LT monthly subscriber (I signed up yesterday).  When I try to start Maya LT, I get an error saying I don't have permission.  When I go to "manage.autodesk.com" and try to add myself as a user of Maya LT (thinking that might fix this), nothing happens.  I click the "Save and Continue" button, I wait, and then dialog disappears, but the user (me) is never added.  I submitted a help both request yesterday and today, but I've had no response.  There are no phone numbers to call, and the "chat with an agent" support option always says there are not agents available.

Any suggestions?  I can't even start the product and this is getting ridiculous.

-- Morgan
61 REPLIES 61
Message 2 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: tadmuck

Having the exact same problem

Message 3 of 62
Anonymous

Having the same problem with assigning an AutoCad LT subscription to a user so I can actually USE it.  And no support whatsoever...

Message 4 of 62
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I have contacted the customer service team regarding your case. A representative will contact you shortly. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and hassle. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you in the meantime.

Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I just signed up for Maya LT and I am having the same exact problem.  Can someone please help me I cannot even use Maya Lt.  I also signed up for Mudbox and I am not having a problem using that.  Please help me one of the reason I signed up for Maya LT is because I had this time off from work to get use to using Maya LT.  Thanks and have a great day.

Message 6 of 62
Anonymous

Did your problem get resolved?
Message 7 of 62
tadmuck

No, my online account (and access to support downloads) is not working yet, but they didn’t leave me stuck either.

Support set me up with some kind of “temporary" license for Maya LT 2015, which essentially means I’m currently able to use the original release download, but not extension 2 (which I really want). But this is certainly good enough for the holidays, and I’m really grateful to the people that got me up and running again. Being in the office during the holidays… that can’t be fun.
-- Morgan
Message 8 of 62
Anonymous

Well now my mudbox does not work either this is very frustrating.

Message 9 of 62
Anonymous

Well I hope they can get me going soon.  I switched from Blender to Maya lt because they lifted the restrictions on use with Unreal Engine I hope I can get this fixed soon I don't like paying for something and not having it work.  At one time I went throug steam and my credit card info changed and I lost access to it.  This time I wanted to come straight to the source in hoping that it would be better. I am glad they got you going have a good day.

Message 10 of 62
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous 

I'll be happy to help you with this, but I will need more details on the issue. 

Are you having the same issue as tadmuck? Permission to use the program denied?

Are you logging in to your account using the same Autodesk ID as you used to purchase the program? If not, could you please send me a Private Message with the Autodesk Id you are using to access the program (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)?

Any additional details you can provide (error messages in particular) will be very helpful.

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I sent you an pm.   I was getting something llike this.

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/24/28356/2/error2.jpg

Message 12 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am sorry I am using the same Autodesk ID as I used to purchase the two programs Mudbox and Maya LT 2015
Message 13 of 62
camilo.lemos

Just replied to your Private Message @Anonymous .

I hope it helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 14 of 62
Anonymous

Hey did you have the educational or free version before you subscribed?
Message 15 of 62
Anonymous

I've read through the whole post. I have the same problem with Autodesk LT. I go to user management and tried to add a user but it won't work. Type in the email, first and last name, hit on save and continue and nothing happens.

I tried to submit a ticket and they say I will get a response within 48 hours. This is a lot for a monthly subscription, and this is not a problem with a software it's Autodesk activation system. Basically I cannot use the software because a bug or whatever on the software. It's funny however how fast the support works when trying to purchase online.

Message 16 of 62
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

I tried using your email address to locate a case number for you but found zero results. Were you able to get this issue resolved? If you still need assistance be sure to submit a case through your Autodesk Account. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Good to see I am not alone in this. Having the exact same problem with AutoCAD LT 2015. When I try to run it I am told I must activate. The apparent fix is to add myself as a User to the Account, but that doesn't work either. I have tried multiple times with multiple browser, a reinstall of the product direct from my account page. Opened a ticket on Tuesday night (10557806) and I still can't used a product I purchased!

Beyond frustrated right now as this is something I would think a company like AutoDesk could have figured out. You may actually be worse than Adobe when it comes to account management.

Message 18 of 62
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

We sincerely apologize for the issue with your license activation. I have followed up with the support agent working on your Case #10557806 and he will provide you a temporary license. Meantime, he will work on fixing the issue as soon as possible.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 19 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

we are having the exact same problem as mentioned above. We bought a license and performed the activation but nothing happens when we try to add users in the management section of autodesk-account. The dialoguebox appears after clicking on 'add users' but after confirming no new users appear to select. We've tried this on multiple computers and browsers. 

Message 20 of 62
camilo.lemos

Hi Jonas,

I've notified our customer service team about this issue and asked them to look into it with priority.

They will notify you via email once the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report