Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of perpetual license for Max 2014.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SilverVane
1301 Views, 5 Replies

Activation of perpetual license for Max 2014.

Hi,

I own a perpetual license for 3dsmax 2014. I currently have Max installed and activated on my desktop workstation and a laptop, as permitted in my license agreement. I would like to replace the laptop in early 2021 though, and would therefore be looking to transfer Max 2014 from the old laptop to the new one. I might also be looking to replace my desktop later in 2021. 

My question is: will it still be possible to activate a 3dsMax 2014 perpetual license on new hardware throughout 2021? I remember reading a couple of years ago that activation support for older versions will be ending. Incidentally, I have never been on a subscription or maintenance plan with Autodesk, so the usual three version rule does not apply to my license.

I still find Max2014 to be a very productive and stable version in Windows 10, and provided I can activate my license I have no immediate need for a more current version.  

Thank you in advance.  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mdavis22569
in reply to: SilverVane

You can still activate 2011 and newer software .... just need to meet the PC system requirements. 

For 2014:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System...

Solution:

Autodesk 3ds Max 2014 is supported on the following 64-bit operating systems and at a minimum requires a system with the following 64-bit specifications:

• Windows® 8 or Windows® 7 64-bit Professional operating system

Also,

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Windows-...

Issue:

Which versions of the Autodesk software are compatible with Windows 10?

Environment:

Windows 10.

Solution:

See the System Requirements for each product for exact information.  

• All 2017 and newer Autodesk software runs on Windows 10. 
  • Many 2016 products can run on Windows 10 with the application of the Autodesk service pack specified in the system requirements. 
  • Most 2015 and earlier products are not compatible with Windows 10, unless otherwise stated in the system requirements.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
SilverVane
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank you for your reply. Its good to know I can still activate an installation of 2014. Do you know how long that will remain the case? Is it still the case that versions older than the previous 3 releases (so 2011-2017) will not be able to be activated after the end of March 2021? 

Just to clarify, Max 2014 has always worked perfectly well with Windows 10, at least on my PC. 

Message 4 of 6
mdavis22569

@SilverVane wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Its good to know I can still activate an installation of 2014. Do you know how long that will remain the case? Is it still the case that versions older than the previous 3 releases (so 2011-2017) will not be able to be activated after the end of March 2021? 

Just to clarify, Max 2014 has always worked perfectly well with Windows 10, at least on my PC. 

So ... it's looking like about 10 years.   March 2021, 2011 won't be able to be activated anymore.

For

It's possible ..but I have seen issues with the C++ / .NET issues with the newer W10 updates.   
(See it daily)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
SilverVane

@mdavis22569 Thank you for the reply, if accurate that is good news, and much fairer than what I seem to remember hearing before. 

Message 6 of 6
SilverVane

Sadly, it seems the information posted above is incorrect.

I understand that Autodesk will cease to activate new perpetual license installations of 3dsMax 2011-2015 from March this year. So users of old perpetual licenses need to be aware there are only a few weeks remaining to activate new installations of 'legacy' products. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report