Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2012 all my autodesk application no longer work.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4142 Views, 4 Replies

3ds max 2012 all my autodesk application no longer work.

After trying to install Parallels on my mac all my 3ds max application no longer work. Was working fine when I would boot to windows but after the install it doesn't work in windows environment.

My hardware and software setup follows:

MacBook Pro

OSX Lion

PC OS:: Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1

3ds max apps, configuration, and erros follows:

Stand-a-lone installation

Autodesk_3ds_Max_Entertainment_Creation_Suite_Standard_2012_English_Win_64bit

3ds Max 2012 SP1/ HOTFIX 1 &2 - Error:  The software license checkout failed. Error 20.

Motionbuilder 2012 SP1 - Error:  Assertion failed. Generic license checkout error with options abort/retry/ignore.

Mudbox 2012 - Error: License not obtained

Tried Mudbox 2012 (498D1 2012.0.0.F), error 20

License method: set by installer to 'standalone'

Lic. file override: environment variable MUDBOX_ALT_EN is not set

Checked all the event logs (application, system, and security) and found nothing.

I have looked through the forums on Autodesk and The Area and nothing seems to work. This is what I have already  done as suggested by the forums:

1) reinstalling did not help.

2) renaming file: “C:\documents\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data”
     ... put this file someware else for backup. then restart max.                           

Can't find this file or the directory. I have chaned the folder options so I can see hidden files and directories.

3)  renaming the files “adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data” and “adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data.backup.001” so MAX could create new files to replace them. I can't find either of these files on my harddrive.

4) 1: Pull up run and type in services.msc                   

2: Ckick on the standard tab at the bottom.                   

3: Find FLEXnet licensing service.                   

4: Right click on it and press propoties.                   

5: Make the start-up type Automatic.                   

6: Under “service Status”, press start.  

This was also unsuccessful.

5) renaming the files inside (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher).   No success.        

6) a) Obtain the IP address of the machine. (You can obtain it using the ipconfig command or with the the “System setting” of LMTOOLS.)                   

b)Open the hosts file which is located on C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc folder.                   

c) Add the IP address and hostname to the hosts file, such as “10.148.220.50 ACRDLICENSEQA1”                   

d) Save the hosts file.                   

It didn't work for me.

7) Corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file results in failure of cascading functionality does not apply this is a standalone installation. No success.

I have tried everything at the following link: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/3ds-Max-2011-quot-Software-License-Checkout-Fai...

I have a case into my subscription service but the service has been pretty slow and the recommendations given to me were for a networked installation not a standalone.

Any help I can get will be very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Your principal problem is to not have this folder :

“C:\documents\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\FLEXnet\"

Before uninstall, disable Flexnet service.

Then reinstall and verify that you have the folder.

If not launch one time Max, verify if it works and if you have the folder.

Also have you see this article :

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240657

Can you confirm wihich version of Parallels you use ?

Product requirements for Max 2012 on Mac with parallels :

http://usa.autodesk.com/3ds-max/system-requirements/

something more :

you say "After trying to install Parallels on my mac all my 3ds max application no longer work".

Was Max installed and working before you install Parallels ?

Or was Max on Boot Camp ? I don't understand.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

The actual directory I see the Flexnet service is in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher

I can not find through search of my drives any other FLEXnet directory.

I did disable the Flexnet service and uninstalled all the apps according to the link you sent me: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240657

This also did not help....getting the same message.

I have checked the system requirements and my system has all the requirements. I checked that before submitting to the forum.

I am using Parrallels Desktop 6 for Mac. Build 6.0.12094 (Revision 6764494; July 13 2011)

I originally had the install up and running for 3ds max on Boot Camp. Everything was working fine and I had been working in 3ds max for quite some time. I was just a few days ago I was trying to start my Boot Camp installation of Windows using Parallels and after I tried to do this then everything stopped working.

Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

This issue has been resolved for me and the details are listed at the following link:

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/autodesk-3ds-max--3ds-max-design-2012/error-20-all-o...

Thanks everyone that has offered advice to help!

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Works well with Max now !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report