Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Data

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
768 Views, 4 Replies

Model Data

I'm trying to get a section of a location using Model Builder in Infraworks. 

Once the model is ready, I can see that a few building are not generated. Why are only a few models generated?infra.png

How do I generate the rest of the buildings and vegetation?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kishore.gudepuciv
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you see this

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: kishore.gudepuciv

Thanks for your help.

Also, I'd like to know if we can generate vegetation through Model Builder considering they have data on OSM?

Message 4 of 5
Karsten.Saenger

Hi @Anonymous,

vegetation as 3D objects from OSM data is not possible.
What can be done is - if the data exists in OSM data (i.e. forrest) - it's classified coverages in InfraWorks.

You can load the model.sqlite file into Map 3D or Civil 3D as FDO connection and extract the coverage areas for example as shape files.
The shape files can be loaded into InfraWorks as "trees/vegetation area" - see https://autode.sk/2OmVYis

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 5
SethHall

Hi @Anonymous

Model Builder only generates buildings if they exist in Open Street Maps (OSM). If the buildings have not been added to OSM by their community, then they won't show up in a Model Builder generated model. Updating the OSM database to work with Model Builder is still a manual process, so in some cases a feature will show up in OSM and not Model Builder if it is a newer entry. We try to update the OSM database with every InfraWorks release.

Hope this explanation help.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report