Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body Name Auto-Populates Component Name

Body Name Auto-Populates Component Name

Please make the body name become the default or intro name when converting it to a component. When going to the trouble of naming all of your bodies in a complex model it is really annoying that when converting each body to a component the name does not carry over. 

Sure sometimes this might not be the final name or if its a multi-body component then perhaps the wrong one is chosen but at least it would be a good start as it would likely get at least half of them right.

7 Comments
eric.strebel
Collaborator
lokiidesigns
Advocate

@eric.strebel I voted for that one previously also and noted that it is under review.

There are actually quite a few posts similar to these that only ever seem to get so far. Would be great to see any of these points for frustration ironed out as they appear to be relatively simple fixes or amendments to how Fusion 360 treats objects when applying a process to them.

jakefowler
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

@lokiidesigns - Makes total sense, we have a task open to do this - FUS-2482

Can't guarantee a release date yet I'm afraid, but it's pretty high on our 'to-do' list of usability improvements 🙂

Jake

lokiidesigns
Advocate

@jakefowler - Cheers Jake! I look forward to seeing what comes out this year from Fusion.....each year it just keeps getting better and better.

keqingsong
Community Manager

@lokiidesigns Good news! I just checked with @jakefowler and this will be implemented in our July 27 update! 

lokiidesigns
Advocate

@keqingsong Great news Keqing!! Appreciate the heads up on this and want you guys to know that I think your doing an outstanding job with Fusion....Just keeps on getting better!

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report