Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Solidworks 2017 SLDPR file - different result in licences

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
j.gazda
307 Views, 2 Replies

Upload Solidworks 2017 SLDPR file - different result in licences

Hi all.

I use Fusion 360 for generating CNC files in Manufacturing modul. As source I used Solidworks SLDR files all last year - fully satisfied. Parts has been uploaded in native Fusion 360 format (of-course without history) and was very easy use them for Manufacturing, for assemblies etc.

Today I recived message, that my "Start-up licence" expired. I changed them to "Personal - Not Commercial Use".

Problem: When I upload SLDR file, I recive Solidworks Part file in Fusion. It is possible open them in WEB browser, but not possible use them for Manufacturing, Assembly, Design etc. I didn't found way how create native Fusion format....

I checked, that cause is in difference licences (My son still has "Start-up licence"). 

Question: What have I to do, to achive native Fusion format after SLDR part upload.

Thank you

Jiri

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
karina.harper
in reply to: j.gazda

Hi @j.gazda 

Importing and working with solidworks parts is not available for personal licenses. In order to work with solid parts in Fusion, you'll need to upgrade to a commercial license. Here is our article that shows which file types you can use and the differences between licenses.

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 3
j.gazda
in reply to: karina.harper

Thank you, Karina!

Now it is clear for me.

Best regards

Jiri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report