Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent update removed "export to STL" option

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
amesace1
281 Views, 3 Replies

Recent update removed "export to STL" option

Hey, all.

The recent update seems to have removed the "Export to STL" right-click option when within Fusion 360's project tree menu when working on a specific design. It has been replaced with the "Export to mesh" option, which seems to only allow exporting a single body at a time. Previously, the Export to STL option would allow exporting all of the visible bodies at the same time. I find this change very frustrating.

Is there another way to export multiple bodies to the same STL file? Does anyone know of an extension that can make this happen? I hope Autodesk adds this feature back in, because it's one of the reasons I'm using this software in the first place. 

Tags (1)
Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: amesace1

What happens if you click on the Save as Mesh at higher level?

Message 3 of 4
jhackney1972

You can highlight the top level assembly, in the browser, and right click and use the "Save to Mesh".  If is just a component file with a lot of bodies, use the same technique.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 4
amesace1

I found the solution! It was actually the "Mesh" tab that I think was newly added in the latest update. From there, I can "Export" (far right) and choose STL from the drop down, and that worked for what I wanted. Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report