Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I shelled a box and cut square holes through both sides of the box

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
estuary24
308 Views, 3 Replies

I shelled a box and cut square holes through both sides of the box

I am creating a room with windows and doors. I started by creating a box and then I shelled it. Later I drew rectangles on the surface of the outer wall and then extruded them to cut through both sides of the wall, the inner and outer side. So now I have a shell with square holes inside of another shell with square holes. I am looking for a way to fuse edges to make the windows look like they have dimentionality. Right now the windows look like they are on a 2d surface inside of another 2D surface. I have screenshots to show what I mean. Bacically I need a way to fuse edges to make my room look like a real room with sides showing on windows and doors when they are in 3 quarter view. Here is the screenshot-

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chrisplyler
in reply to: estuary24

Drag the Shell feature on your timeline from prior to Extruding the window holes to after that.

Message 3 of 4
etfrench

In Display Settings, turn on the Visual Style 'Shaded with Visible Edges Only'.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
TheCADWhisperer

Your feature tree shows surface bodies rather than solid bodies.

In the real world a structure such as you are creating is created from solid bodies.

Your Timeline shows multiple errors (yellow highlights) and illogical features.

File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here.

Timeline.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report