Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick difference view between before and after an edit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pschuster
830 Views, 3 Replies

Quick difference view between before and after an edit

If you are working with photo editing software like Adobe Lightroom or iPhoto you can hit a button or press a key and the software switches between display of the original image (as it has been before an edit) and the edited image. This way you can switch between both views very quickly. That is a great way to decide if you made a good edit or not.

I have been working on a model that heavily relies on sketches. My model is finished now and I want to optimize my design. For example I wanted to change the wall thickness. I had to edit the sketch, the view changes to the sketch editor and "moves" in to the edit plane. After I did my change I click on Stop Sketch. The view moves out of the edit plane back to its original "camera position" showing my edited model.

But as the "camera" is moving and the view changes I don't really can see the difference. Hitting Undo does not help as it just rolls back the action, i.e. moving back to the sketch plane.

I would love to get a key or function that let's me "visually" roll back my last action. A more advanced feature would be to use the section view type of display that shows the model before the edit (instead of just hiding it). 

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adam.nagy
in reply to: pschuster

I've written an add-in that I hope you'll find useful until a built-in functionality shows up.

The source code is here: https://github.com/AutodeskFusion360/ChangeComparer_Python

And it is also available on the Fusion app store: https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3achange...

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 4
keqingsong

Was @adam.nagy's post helpful? 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 4
keqingsong

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report