Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work on more that one thing if the user has 2 or more displays

Work on more that one thing if the user has 2 or more displays

I am pretty sure that this feature is not on fusion 360.

My idea is to allow users to work on more than one item at a time if the user as more that one display.

For example - if a user has 3 displays, and they are making an f1 car. They could be working on the front wings on one display, rear wings on another and the main body on the third display.

3 Comments
ElizabethGreene
Explorer

I just tested this on my machine, and I'm able to do this by opening more than one copy of Fusion 360.worksonmymachine.png

Perhaps you meant "work on multiple components in the same design on multiple monitors."  I tested that, and that didn't work.  I could edit the same models in separate f360 processes, but changes from one didn't propagate into the other even when I saved them. 

It would be better if you could just drag a design and open it, like google chrome, but opening fusion again as that will take up to many resources from the pc so it should just open a file, and yeah it will be great if you change something on a file which is connected by assembly it should update straight away instead of you closing and opening the assembly file. @ElizabethGreene

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be fantastic to open multiple viewports, one at a time, on the same instance of Fusion 360. Then grab and drag a viewport and drag it out of the main window and onto a different space on the desktop, whether on a new monitor or not.

Many people I know use one screen larger than the other (thinking laptop and monitor). Makes sense to do the editing on the large monitor and have a set view on the smaller screen. Would definitely use this!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report