Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom sheet size in drawings.

Custom sheet size in drawings.

Hello there, Fusion360 enthusiasts!

Due to low budgets we frequently have to print some views of our designs in real size (1:1 scale) so we are able to prototype them, like drilling holes in the right place or cuting a piece of sheetmetal with handheld  tools instead of using laser cut, machining or some other expensive process for example. The problem is that sometimes these designs are a bit larger than fusion would expect and they don't fit the standard sheet sizes that come with the software by default.

My idea is that in addition to the standard sheet sizes you have a "custom sheet size" option where you type the dimensions you want your sheet to have so you can make any design fit in the scale you want!

Thanks for your Attention,

Davi Alves Raquel

21 Comments
billknapp2000
Explorer

Would be nice to be able to get full page print out on the laserjet printers that have different page sizes than listed on fusion 360 

available . Example 8-1/2 x 13 and 14 inches. 

dmartinS68QJ
Advocate

+1 for this request.  Ability to create 1:1 scale drawing on larger format paper and print out to plotter for example.  

cdellos
Contributor

Fusion has issues with some drivers, specifically the HP T120 to print landscape on a roll. By having custom sizing capability you may be able to trick the system into being able to print landscape. 

jamesmackessy
Participant

What about Arch D? +1 this request

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm hand bending some steel prototypes also.  1:1 printing is an absolute must for me.  As it stands I'm going to have to pint out multiple pages with partial prints and tape everything together.  Very unprofessional I might add.  I've never seen drawing software that is this limited in this aspect.

billknapp2000
Explorer

I think this should be a more flexible option with the size issue. It probably is a 

printer driver issue for some manufactures.

bajotaz
Observer

+1

djstoldt
Explorer

I too am wanting this to be able to print full scale (1:1) prints to a plotter. 

dhaeg
Participant

It's shocking this feature isn't available yet!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. +1

rocheharmon
Explorer

I need to be able to print on 8 1/2" by 14" paper.  It would be nice to have the same border and title block options.  That way, you could print 1:1 scale drawings that are larger than 8 1/2" by 11".  Solidworks has this feature.

christopher.lyon
Explorer

I've spent all this time learning Fusion, to just now realize it's unusable because I can't get full size templates printed of my large parts.  Come on guys!

dgooch
Explorer

1:1 Drawings is a must have for a lot of reasons. 

jciprian
Participant

This severely limits the use of Fusion in my Fab Lab courses since we create many laser engravers designs for two different models, each of which requires a custom page size.  That and the inability to change line colors and weights means that this is still a long way from replacing Inventor for my students.

tkeracer619
Explorer

Crazy this isn't a feature already.  Of all the things Fusion can do... we can't print 1:1 scale on large format printers because you restrict us to 6 sizes of paper?  Now I get to explain to my boss why what I've spent the week working on was a waste of time and money.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a must feature, just add a custom page button. We can export that to a PDF and then print. I need to make a 24" by 84" print. Currently I'm using 2 different programs in order to do this. It would be nice to have everything in just one application.

emvioeng
Contributor

The only way that Fusion will enter the corporate market is if you get the drawings to a pro level.

greevedogg
Enthusiast

+1 for custom page sizes, especially Arch D for me!

petkocabmill
Participant

Custom page sizes would be a great addition. I think the development of the drawing part of the program is somewhat stuck. They should have a look at the text and leader tools. Those should have "last used" memory. Also, tick vs arrow should be available 

brnjon
Enthusiast

Here is another vote for custom paper sizes. Or at least more defaults. 

I need 24" wide for the plotter I'm thinking about, and there doesn't seem to be anything like that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report