Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dconnexion Certified

3dconnexion Certified

Please elevate the 3dconnexion support to certified status (like Autocad and Inventor), which ensures not only that ALL commands are accessible by 3d mouse (zoom fit, top view, right view, left view, etc.) but also better stability overall. 

4 Comments
davepattenden
Observer

Just to tag on to this as well,  whilst doing the above it would be great if we can also Constrain the Orbit / lock the Horizon with the 3D Connexion,  I believe this can be done on a mouse but this feature does not extend to the 3D connexion.

This has been voted on numerous times but never received enough votes as they don't combine the votes across all the threads about it ( of which there are many!) 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation/constrained-orbit-with-3d-connexion-space-mice...

manuel.fr
Advocate

what exactly does atm work with a spacemouse? i consider buying the wireless pro.

What about OS Catalina? is it supported or wll it take half a year untill it runs? Any thougts?

Intuos5
Advisor

From my experience on Windows is that it works, although there are major inconsistencies in the available macros, which I will elaborate on here, everything else, including navigation work fine.

However certain button actions that are pre-programmed and are available for other major software packages are not available in the 3dconnexion UI for Fusion. If there are actions with a keyboard shortcut in Fusion, that's no problem since you can assign a hotkey to the 3D mouse's buttons. However, major areas of Fusion don't have shortcuts right now, so those type of commands are a no-go. In addition, if you assign a different command than some of the existing ones (zoom fit for instance) this command is overridden and cannot be found in the 3dconnexion software. So you'd have to either edit the XML manually reset or reload a backup of the settings for Fusion to get it back. 

Also there is no setting to constrain orbit when using a 3dmouse as opposed to a regular mouse... 

david.dobbs
Participant

I REALLY liked that with Inventor I could map context dependent hotkeys to the spacemouse. That was SOOOO useful. I'm sorely missing that in Fusion 360.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report