Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to display the original layer colors as in AutoCAD (dwg) in Formit when importing the dwg file?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jan-roelof.visscherLTSAW
255 Views, 1 Reply

Is it possible to display the original layer colors as in AutoCAD (dwg) in Formit when importing the dwg file?

Hi all,

Probably an easy solve, but I cant figure this one out. When i'm importing an dwg file into Formit, all the layers lose their original color and become black. Is there a way to let the layers retain their original color?

I do know this is possible in SketchUp as seen in the attached GIF.

The file shown in the GIF can also be found in the attachments.

Hope you guys can figure this one out,

Sincerely,

Jan-Roelof

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

@jan-roelof.visscherLTSAW 

FormIt's edge color is set globally in the Visual Style settings for all elements in a scene. I don't know of a way to override this and it may explain why you will loose color assignments importing from Autocad as the default Visual Style for edges is black.

Materials assign by layer or by object will be imported but unfortunately again without retaining the original  material name and assigned texture maps. So a "concrete" material in Autocad will come in as "Material 7b6c0713" but can then be renamed and modified to adjust the base color and re-map the textures.

-luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report